The Delinquent (prologue)

Y/n is gender neutral in this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say Aizawa was disappointed was an understatement.

The kid before him was nothing like the young 1 year old infant he rescued over a decade ago. Of course, he should have expected it. An orphan stuck in the foster system is bound to have problems.

He just didn't expect it to be to this extent.

Your uniform was a mess, covered in dust as though you were previously in a scuffle, which seemed to be the case with the dried blood coming from your mouth and the bruise on your cheek.

You also reeked of alcohol.

At this point, he would have expelled you... if it wasn't for the reason why you were here.

Oh where do we start...? Well, for one, you were indirectly connected to the Nomu from the USJ incident.

See, you weren't exactly born in the traditional way... you were born artificially in a lab with your quirk, whatever that was, and you seemed to share some similarities with the bird-like Nomu... minus the ugliness and exposed brain.

Aizawa could almost remember every detail, seeing an infant in an outfit with a number on the back, as if you were just that. A number in an experiment.

You were so quiet, simply staring up at him with such gentle, curious eyes. Despite your mutant body, you still appeared as a human baby.

"You reek of alcohol." Aizawa stated simply, disapproval clear in his muffled voice.

You glared at the eyes peaking out of the bandages that covered the man's face and said nothing, as if unbothered to say anything.

The class was silent, horrified that the new kid showed up tipsy and disheveled. The first thing they thought was 'well, guess this is the first and last time we see this new kid.'

To everyone's shock, Aizawa simply told you to sit down with annoyance.

"After class, we're going to discuss your... drinking." He said with mild disgust.

For the next 2 weeks, Aizawa had issues with you.

He almost hated you.

Not just because of your disobedience, but because of what you became.

You weren't the innocent child he once knew, but a delinquent.

A low-life scum who couldn't give a flying shit about others if they tried.

But Aizawa also hated himself for all of this.

To force expectations on a kid he abandoned in foster care, as if he knew you personally. He didn't understand why he had such hateful feelings towards you.

Bakugou was nearly as bad as you, but Aizawa didn't dislike the kid.

So why did he hate you???

Maybe... he didn't...

Maybe he was just disappointed and frustrated.

And maybe it wasn't you he was disappointed in... maybe he was disappointed in himself.

He felt like he failed you, even though he had no control over your life and actions.

You were one of the reasons he kept rescuing people... and seeing one of the main reasons for his heroing career turn into... this... it made him feel like a failure...

Then one day, he saw a part of you he had never expected to see.

It was like any other day. He held you after school and gave you lectures. It seemed he was too stressed today to hold back some of the resentment he had, because you glared back at him even harsher than normal.

You could hear it, and it was only fueling the fire inside of you.

He was about to say something before you suddenly got up and attempted to walk out. Aizawa snapped at this and wrapped his scarf around you.

"(Y/n), I've had it up to here with you. I don't understand why you ruin your life by acting this way. Your life will never get better by acting like a damn delinquent." The man snapped while holding you in place.

"Just fucking expel me, you bastard!" You snapped back, which only pissed the bandaged man off.

"What happened!? Why did you turn out this way!? What is wrong with you!?"

He immediately knew he went too far, but there was no taking back words.

What he didn't expect though, was what you said back to him.

"YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ME TO DIE, THAT'S WHAT."

So you knew who he was. It wasn't just him who only recognized you.

"I didn't ask to be made... I never asked for any of this..." your voice cracked and trailed off to a whimper.

Aizawa's hardened exterior only softened when the tears began to pour out, seeing a more vulnerable part of you clawing its way out, crying out for help.

And he was going to answer.

The scarf around you loosened, only for the man's arms to replace its embrace.

His callused hand rubbed the back of your head, making sure not to tug any hairs on it. You struggled a bit, trying to put distance between you two, but the man refused to let go.

Why didn't he realize this before?

This whole time, you were still in danger. Your suffering didn't stop at the foster care system, and you were still in need.

What kind of hero would he be if he continued to ignore your cries?