Veronica veronica.

The cold windy air, nipped my skin, my cheeks bright red from the temperature.
I wrapped my arms around myself, leaning againstt the hood of the car more than I already was.

Hal did as she was told. Found out where the building Niall is being kept at is.

Veronica said 6. It's 6:30 and that she still hasn't shown up.
It's really cold also. It doesn't help that there is a river beside me. As I gazed up, the familiar bridge that has been in my memories appeared. Graffiti was sprawled across the concrete, as always.

The sound of a car diverted my attention from the bridge and towards the vehicle approaching me.

My heart started to race, the thumping loud in my chest. My breathing slightly alerted at the sight.

The red, beaten up ford, drove slowly. The windows tinted, making it unable for me to see inside the car.

The car spun, parking parallel to my car. The door to the car opened and the familiar brunette jumped out, a charming smile etched on her face.

I pushed myself off the hood of my car, in the direction of my old friend.

"Wow, Leanna, I gotta say...it's been awhile." She stated, her raspy voice sounding like music to my ears.

"It has, hasn't it? Do you remember the last time we saw each other?" I asked her, my bitter tone evident. The smile fell off her face and she grew silent.

We remained silent, the only sound is the wind howling.

I began to walk closer to her. My boots scraping against the concrete floor. I circled around her, humming as I went.

She shuddered. Her arrogant attitude long gone.

"Why'd you call me?" I demanded to know, looking into her bright blue eyes.

She remained speechless, taking silent breathes. She stared at the ground, thinking of what to say. Her dark red lips curving into a smile, she looked up to me with hope in her wild eyes.

"Like I said darling, I'm willing to help you. We all are." She answered, hope shown in her tone. She didn't mention everyone...

I stayed silent, knowing I'd have to accept her offer for help. Once Liam left home.... Let's just say everything changed.

"How...is he?" She asked me, her voice breaking and sorrow deep in her tone. I stared at her with an emotionless glare.

"I wouldn't know."

She nodded at my answer while staring at her shoes. She awkwardly rocked back and forth. Why would she even ask me? I'm not in charge of him anymore...

"You know I didn't want to hurt you?" She asked the one thing I thought she'd never utter. I stared at her, reminding myself that no matter what I have to not be emotional while "working".

"Um..anyways we are already working with a team, but I accept your offer." I told her with an awkward cough. I completely avoided what she had just said previously. She sighed, her usual upbeat and charming personality out of sight. Her hair flipped around from wind, but she ignored it.

"K." She muttered a reply. She had sorrow written all over her features which is odd because she's usually cruel or happy.

I nodded at her before walking back to my car. Once I got in I slammed the door shut. My heavy breathing heard in the silent environment. I can't believe I just accepted her offer... my personal problems with her should have killed her by now... but she's still breathing and causing havoc. I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that she offered to help.