Calm before the storm?

My brother insisted that I stayed at his house. I personally think he wanted to be gifted with my presence, or maybe his just missed his lil sis?

As awkward as it feels, we sat in the living room. We stayed silent, the atmosphere tense. Liam fiddled with his hands every once in a while glancing up at me.

"Sooo..." I spoke up, trying to break the weird aura around us.

"Is there anything else that happened while I was gone that you wish to tell me?" Liam asked with amusement in his tone. I looked over at him with a scowl.

"Not really." I replied, looking away from him.

"You know Sophia and Gabe?" Liam asked with an eyebrow raised.

I thought about his question for a minute. Why would he think that?

"I don't think I have. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I guess she just acted like she had already knew you- and she wasn't pleased." Liam stated, smiling a bit while talking about the brown haired girl.

"Awe, does my little brother have a crush!?" I asked in a baby voice. I scooted closer to Liam while saying this.

Liam laughed and pushed my face away.

A small blush appeared on his cheeks, surprising me.

"Oh shut up you hag." Liam said jokingly. He shook his head while he laughed at me.

"You do!! I need a bullhorn!! Pronto!! I shall announce it to the world." I stated, teasingly looking around the living room for one.

"I think people would find it odd that Harry Styles baby mama was over at my house with a bullhorn announcing I have a crush on an unknown girl." Liam said laughing his ass off at the image he produced in his head.

I scowled at him and dramatically took a deep breath.

"You know I don't like it when you call me that. Hell, you didn't like it when harry announced that to people." I reminded him pointing my pointing finger at him. Liam suddenly stopped laughing and looked to the ground.

"You know I find that really weird." Liam said, mostly thinking to himself.

"What do you find weird?" I asked.

"That my daughter, doesn't even know I'm her dad- yet, she thinks Harry is. She also thinks your her mom. If she lives, I want you to protect her and claim her as your own Leanna. Don't tell her that Harry's not her dad. She seems happy with the thought that Harry is her dad.... don't ruin that for her." Liam told me looking down to the floor. I know that this saddened my dear brother, in turn making me sad.

"Liam... you will always be her father. She might not know it yet, but it's true. You'll be around, so why are you acting like you won't be? She will be fine Liam... don't act like she's not going to wake up." I told him getting concerned. Liam usually always had a somewhat positive outlook on the future. So why would he have a negative one this time?

"I...I just don't know anymore Leanna." Liam said looking down at his hands.

The room fell silent. The only sound being the faint noise of the television.

"I am going to go get a beer.." Liam stated while getting up off the couch with a huff.

Moments later my kind brother returned with two bottles in his hand.

Without speaking he handed me one of the bottles and turned his attention to the TV. Britain's Top Chef was on, a fat lady almost getting burnt by a flame, was the only amusing part of the program.