Chapter 2 - Meeting The Boys

This chapter is dedicated to JerrytheGiraffe because I LOVE LOVE LOVE all her stories. She is brilliant and hilarious and I would 100% recommend checking her books out!!

--
"beep-beep-beep"

What dares disturb me from my slumber?

"beep-beep-beep"

I groggily attempted to wake myself up, and then I slapped one of the most annoying things ever, my alarm clock.

Why do I even have to get up this early?

"beep-beep-beep"

My phone went off with a reminder.

"8:00 AM. Meet One Direction and Simon Cowell at the studio."

I checked the time, freaking out when I realized It's almost eight o' clock.The studio is a fifteen minute walk from my crappy apartment.

I immediately jumped out of bed, and ran to my closet in a panic . I pulled out a baggy light blue sweat shirt along with my favorite pair of skinny jeans and slipped them on in record time. I then swiftly ran to grab my black sneakers, with my phone in hand. I ran out the door, slamming it shut in the process. I continued to run down the building's stairs all in five minutes time.

I huffed feeling slightly out of breath. I felt a large gust of frigid air hit my body as I stepped out onto the sidewalk. My swift running then slowly turned into a steady jog.

After fifteen minutes of rushing I arrived in the lobby of a very modern looking-large building. I then went to the front desk to check in.

"Hello, I'm- Leanna." I said out of breath to the grumpy-looking, old lady behind the front desk.

"Who?" the grouchy old lady questioned staring me down with a judgmental glare.

"Um...Simon Cowell hired me as- " I was then cut off by Simon.

"Wilma , this is the girl I told you would be coming in today." Simon said pointing at me and gesturing for me to follow him.

I walked over to him, he put his arm around my shoulder and we began slowly walking down the hallway.

The hallway was decorated with countless celebrity faces.

Simon smelled of old spice, he was wearing a white t-shirt and light jeans. Sunglasses adorned his face, which honestly made him look like a bit of a douchebag.

But when doesn't he?

"So -Leanna, are you excited about meeting the boys?" Simon asked, a large smirk on his botoxed face.
His teeth were white, also too white. They actually cast a sparkle of some sort. I swear how many teeth whiteners do you think he uses?

"If you don't mind, how many boys are in the band and what are their names?" I asked.

Simon went silent and looked at me.

"You don't know who they are?"Simon, who looked slightly taken aback, asked.

"No?" I replied, now becoming unsure of my earlier statement.

Great, he probably thinks I'm some unprofessional hag. Sor-ry Mr. Cowell but I don't spend all day looking up boyband members. Maybe I should've peeked around though? I definitely should have.

"Then why did you apply for this job?" Simon asked. His voice thankfully, still light and somewhat joyful.

I looked at him confused. "To get money, why else would I apply for a job? " I honestly told him.