002

"What do you want?" I asked Ava through the phone. "Let's take a walk at the mall!" she says. I sat down by the bed and leaned my forehead on the tips of my fingers.

"Haven't you heard of Corona Virus?" I asked her. Her whines annoy me again, "oh come on! Just for this day!" she says. "I have no time," I said. "You have time! You're just lazy!"

"Good thing you know," I said and smirked. She groans and begs once again, "I'll treat you anything you want."

"Not going to fall for the breadsticks again."

"Churros!" she shouts. "Not falling." I rolled my eyes. "Ice cream!"

"Nope."

"Milk tea!"

"No."

"BTS' recent album!"

I stood up from my bed. "The BE album?!" I gasped. "You bet! Now get your butt up and meet me!"

"I won't believe you," I said. "Deluxe," she exaggerates her words. "Not believing."

"Come on! This is once in a lifetime, Rina! I'm buying too!"

"Fine! I'll come. But don't buy me the deluxe it's too expensive. Let's just buy ice cream." I picked clothes from my closet and put them on the bed.

"I'd meet you at 2," I informed. "Great, see ya!" she disconnects the phone. I threw my phone at my bed and grabbed my towel.

~ ~ ~

"I'm here!"

"Why are you late?!" Ava shouts. "Oh, come on! Didn't you see? There was an accident that caused traffic!" I crossed my arms and looked at her with a relaxed face. "Okay, fine. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything."

"Aish! There is no such food called 'Anything'. Now pick a food."

"I don't know. Anything?"

Ava looked tired of my humor. I laughed at her face making me cough but I tried to prevent it. People will think I have Covid.

"Nice joke." She gives a thumbs up. "I was kidding! How about burgers?"

"Deal!" She clung her arm to mine as we continued to walk together. There were only a few people in the mall.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" Ava asks randomly. "No, that's disgusting. Those things aren't true," I said. I felt her head tilt and look at me while I remained looking forward. "What if Jungwon was your soulmate?" she asks. "I don't know."

"If Beomgyu was my soulmate, I'll be the happiest person in the galaxy," she chuckles. "I can't believe you believe in those sick things," I laughed. "You're just bitter."

Maybe I am too bitter. I'm too young anyways for these kinds of stuff.

Plus, Jungwon isn't even for me. The universe knows already.

"But if soulmates were real. I would be glad to meet mine," I said. Ava scrunches her nose, "You still have a little hope in love." She pokes my cheeks making my head move away. "Because I watch Kdramas. And those soulmate things only happen in Kdramas," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, now sit down, and let's order."

"Alright."

~ ~ ~

"Thanks for the ice cream!" I smiled at her. She pouts, "I told you I'll get the BE deluxe version for you."

I sighed, "Ava, that's too expensive. The ice cream is fine. Plus, it's strawberry! I like strawberries," I giggled. She pouts and gives me a hug. "Okay, okay. Enough hugs!" She lets go and laughs.

"It's getting darker. Why don't we go home?" I asked her. "Agree. I feel kind of exhausted. I had fun screaming my voice out at the karaoke. My throat feels sore," she said while touching her throat part of her neck. "Same, I sang too much. I can't scold my siblings now," I joked. We laughed together and sighed.

"See you soon, then."

"Okay! See you next time!"

We both waved our hands and walked separate ways. I put my hands in my pockets while kicking the rock on the ground.

I saw the convenience store still open. So, I ran and went inside. I grabbed a few lollipops in the colors red, blue, and orange.

After buying lollipops, I decided to go straight home.

~ ~ ~

"I'm home!" I closed the door from behind. "Rina!" Ellis came running towards me while holding his Ipad, playing a video from Cocomelon.

I took out the lollipops from my pockets while his eyes sparkle and grabs them. "Thank you!" He jumps out of joy while I chuckle at his actions.

"Make sure to give some to Sendrick. Where are mom and Sendrick anyway?" My head moves to look for my mother and brother. "They're upstairs. Mom is fixing the toys and he's helping too."

"Why didn't you help?"

"I don't want to!"

I giggled and patted his head. "Where's dad?"

The bathroom door opens as I saw my dad who had just taken a bath. "I'm here. I just came home from work earlier."

My dad is a teacher. He works at school most of the time. My mom used to be a flight attendant but she resigned already. She just opened her business and sells one of our old clothes. Probably no use but some people buy it anyway.

"Ellis!" I already sense my mom coming down since I know how her footsteps sound. It's always that loud and bangy one. She can't carry her feet as if it weighs like a 10 kg dumbbell. "Didn't I tell you to help your brother fix?!" she scolds. "I didn't want to!"

"Well, you aren't the law here!" She quickly grabs the iPad that was wrapped around his arm. "No!" he whines and pouts with an angry face. "I told you that rules are rules. After you play, you fix before you watch!"

"Alright, alright!" He stomps his feet while stepping up. I followed him upstairs on the way to my room.

I fixed my stuff from my bag and put it in their designated places. I hung my sling bag at the hook of the rack. I sat down on the chair and took my phone to upload photos that Ava and I took earlier. The sound of the news from the TV downstairs was so audible. I don't get why they need to turn the volume that much. I closed the door since it was a bit annoying to hear the news in such a loud way that it can probably reach 3 houses away.

Ava shows up on my screen. She calls me again. I just answered the call without hesitation.

"Yeah, I'll send the pictu-"

"This isn't about the pictures, Rina."

I know the situation was intense. She ever calls me by my name and only calls me by bestie, love, sister, or other call signs you can think of. She only calls me by my name if everything was serious.

"What happened?" I asked her. "Did you hear the news?!" she asks. "News?"

"Rina!" my mom calls in a voice like she saw something shocking and unexpected. "Get down here right this instant!"

"Wait, my mom is calling. Talk to you later." I disconnected the phone and threw it on my bed.

I rushed outside and quickly went downstairs, letting the voice of the reporter from the news get louder and louder. I arrived downstairs.

"What?" I faced the TV as my heart stops after reading the context.

"Soulmates,15 and above are encouraged to live together. A lot of presidents had agreed tothis kind of system. Soulmates are known by special machinery. Letters willbe sent tomorrow. Goodnight!"