023

Rina's POV

The whole night of being together was fun! I was with my mother and Jungwon while watching some movies the whole day. We were binge-eating some chips and drinking some soda.

Jungwon lowers his body. "I am so tired of watching! I need a rest," Jungwon says cutely. I chuckled. "You're different around mom, Jungwon."

"What is he like when I'm not around?"

Jungwon suddenly smirks. "Oh nothing, mother. We just have a lovey-dovey time together, right my love?"

"Jungwon!" I slapped him. "Hey! You're too young!" my mom scolds. "He's just joking, mom. He's flirty when you're not around."

"Your daughter pins me to the wall when you're not around."

"Excuse me, Yang Jungwon?!"

"Rina?! What is this am I hearing?!" she scolds even louder. "Mom, he's lying! Aish, Jungwon tell her the truth!" Jungwon remained laughing while my mom looked so angry. "Mom, I was kidding. Your daughter is sweet as an angel," he says. My mother sighs out of relief.

A phone call ring tone was heard. It was from my mother. "Oh, it's your father. I'll answer it." My mother leaves for a while to take the phone call. Only Jungwon and I were left in the room.

"It's only the two of us now, sweetheart."

"Don't even start, Jungwon."

Jungwon then moves towards me making me move back and fall to the bed. He falls with me beside my body as he traps me between his arms. "Jungwon, what are you doing?! My mom will see us!"

"Why?" he asks cutely and tilts his head. "I just want, you know. I want cuddles."

"Your father didn't know where your brother's shorts were." Jungwon rushed to stand up. "Anyways, I'll be going to my hotel now."

"Hotel?! Aren't you going to sleep here?" I asked. "You can sleep with us, Mom!" Jungwon convinces. "Oh, no, no. You two stay together. I'll be on my own," she says. "Alright. Both Jungwon and I went to her.

"Take care, Mom," I said while I kissed her on the cheek. "Bye, sweetheart! And you, take care of my daughter for me," she says while looking at Jungwon.

Jungwon wraps his shoulder around me and pushes me close to him. "Your princess is safe with me, mom." What a charm, Jungwon. What a charm.

"I trust you. Now I have to go. Bye, guys!"

"Bye, mom!"

As soon as my mother leaves. Jungwon looks at me and holds my waist.

"Now, it's just us-"

"My bad, I forgot my keys. Wait a second!" My mother enters once again and catches us hugging. Jungwon's hands were on my waist while my hands were on his shoulders. We were so close together and it was awkward for my mother to see that.

"Mom! I thought you were about to leave!" I said. "I forgot my keys! Go on, continue. My bad." My mother closes the door and finally leaves.

Jungwon chuckles. "Now, there's no one," he says and holds my chin. But Jungwon lets go of my body all of a sudden and goes further away from me.

"Jungwon, are you alright? What's with the change of expression?" I asked. He sighs and sits down on the bed.

"I question myself about something."

"What's it? You can tell me," I said. "It's just that. . ." Jungwon pauses and sighs once again. "Jungwon, we're in this together. We're one so tell me."

"I'm just wondering if you see my worth."

I tilted my head from his sudden thought. "Your worth? What do you mean?" I asked curiously. "It's just that I think everything I do is not enough for me to be your. . . friend? Or soulmate."

"Or even as your future husband," he adds.

I smiled, "Jungwon, your efforts are considered as always."

"It's just that I don't feel enough for you to appreciate me."

"Don't say that," I said and stroked his back with my hand. "Jungwon, you put so much effort into our friendship. It makes me so happy."

"Jungwon, I am happy to be with you even if we're stuck being as friends for a while. I appreciate you very much."

"Stop thinking about that. Don't overthink about your worth because, from the first day I met you, you made me happy. You made me 10x happier now that I am getting to talk to you and see you taking care of me."

Jungwon looks at me with a frowned-up expression. He slowly pushes me to the bed. "Jungwon, what are you-" We both lay down together as he wraps his arms around my waist. He hugs me tight while he looks at me in the eyes.

"I'm happy with you, Rina."

"I hope you feel the same way." He tightens his grip on my body.

The last thing I knew, I fell asleep in his warm arms.

~ ~ ~

TRIPLE UPDATES!

rewriting soulmates makes me feel something. it's like i'm traveling back through time but an improved person.

i miss my old writer self but she will never return. i'm glad to have this new style of writing and the urge to pursue what I want.

thank you for reading, my fellow readers. i am so thankful for the people who read my stories all over and over again because of the love they have for this book. my heart belongs to every one of you.

i love you so much!

- riwon <3