028

Rina's POV

I was asleep but I felt like something was wrong. I do see the sunlight through my eyes even though it was closed. Something was definitely wrong.

I opened my eyes and spotted Jungwon beside me, still fast asleep. I grabbed my phone and my eyes widened.

"Sheep! I'm late!" Jungwon suddenly sits up with eyes wide open and a shocked face. "You scared me!" he said. I went out of bed in a rush to open my laptop. "Looks, like someone is late." He tries to annoy me. But I focused on rushing to open the video call link.

I entered the class and sighed out of relief. The teacher hasn't started checking the attendance. "Why are you scared of being late?" he asks while he fixes our bed. "One late and I'm doomed," I said. He laughs. "I can be absent every time I want."

"That's because you don't study well."

"I admit that though."

I laughed at him. "I'll go change my clothes first." I went to the bathroom to change my clothes and brush my teeth. I have to look a bit neat on camera. I tried to rush myself since my last name starts with the letter A. The attendance is called alphabetically.

I tried rushing even more when the teacher started naming us. I am on the call, but I'm still considered late if I don't answer.

"Rina."

I panicked as soon as the teacher said my name. "Oh shoot!" I whispered while I put my shirt on.

"Okay, Rina. Fix that later," the teacher says. I stopped panicking when I heard my teacher answering me when I didn't even speak.

I got out of the bathroom and saw Jungwon beside my laptop, looking at my class. Jungwon suddenly turns to me. "I told your teacher in the chatbox that your mic is broken and you're present." I smiled. "Thank you so much! Now go get ready!"

He whines. "I have school!" I laughed. "Too lazy?" He nods. Jungwon sighs, "I got a ton of things to do. I have practice, interviews, shootings, and school! It's so difficult to balance them all at once," he complains.

"Well, you said hard work never betrays. Here you are quitting."

"That quote made me responsible. So do it too." He just looks down and sighs at me one more time.

"Time is ticking, Wonnie. Get ready!" I said in a cheering way. I was trying to motivate him but he just walked in the kitchen tiredly.

"You haven't eaten yet," he said. "It's alright. I need to listen to my lecture now."

To be honest, I didn't need to listen. I already learned the lesson when I reviewed it in advance. The subject is also about moral values. So it will just be easy-peasy.

"May I call on Rina? Is your mic working now?" the teacher calls me. I opened my microphone. "It's all good!" I said. "Okay. For our lesson, I want you to answer this question based on your own words."

"How do you define love?"

Now this is an odd question. I never knew the answer to what love is. But how will I currently define it?

"Do you want an example?" my teacher asks. Ava suddenly opens her microphone. "Ma'am! I have an example for her."

"How do you define love with your soulmate?" She didn't have to do this. She just wants me to embarrass myself in front of Jungwon.

The teacher laughs. "Looks like someone is taking so long to answer," she says. I scratched my nape awkwardly.

"Come on, love. I would love to hear your answer." This is so embarrassing.

I opened my microphone and started speaking.

"Love can be defined as an indescribable feeling." The teacher looks at me in an aw. "How so?"

"In showing love, it is by behavior. Many people show them through words but it is better to seek love through behavior."

"What specific behavior?" Why is she so invested in my answer?!

"Behavior of simply being kind, protective, and you show that you care for them. You consider them as someone who you should prioritize even in your busy days. They never forget about you and your needs even though you think that you don't need them."

"Eat," Jungwon whispers as he hands me the bowl of cereal. I took a look at him and smiled. Maybe I do know the definition.

"While the feeling of love is indescribable. I just know that love is the reason why we live. We grow from it and also learn from it. Love is forever."

"Ma'am, I do have a question for her," my classmate turns on his microphone. The teacher gave him his will to speak.

"How about the people who do not feel like they are loved by someone?"

I silenced, thinking of an answer. His question is something I do feel right now with him. The question that is always on your mind. Does he love me?

I looked at Jungwon who was beside me, waiting for an answer. He tries to convince me to answer. I took a deep breath and faced the screen.

"You will only have your answer if you leave."

"When a person is near us, we don't realize that this person is important. But once they leave, they will always be the first person to come up in your mind. That is when a person will realize if they love them or not."

The teacher claps her hands. "Bravo, Rina! What a wonderful answer!" she cheers. I turned off the microphone and exhaled the nervousness out of me.

"That was amazing, love! I am so proud of you!" Jungwon hugs me tightly and starts jumping. I laughed. "Are you that happy?" I asked. "Of course I am! If I had a brain like you, I'd use it every day," he jokes.

I grabbed the cereal and took a bite. "Thanks for the cereal by the way. I said I'll just pay attention in class. Why did you give me some?"

Jungwon stares at me and starts to speak.

"Love is showing care for them."

"Pardon?"

"Nothing. I have to go to school now!" He then rushes to the door without catching my goodbye. That was awkward. He felt so shy all of a sudden.

I looked at the bowl of cereal and took a bite once again.

He is my definition of love.

~ ~ ~

i remember asking people in this chapter a question. a lot of people answered them. i wanted to ask it once again.

what is love?

and again, NOT A SONG BY TWICE!

Thank you for reading! I love you every second :3

- riwon <3