029

Rina's POV

I scratched my head harshly while looking at the confusing math question I was in. It seems like 4th quarter lessons are difficult for me to understand especially since it wasn't taught to us yet. I mean, it's still 3rd quarter and I'm already answering pages for the 4th.

The door opens as a scream of a girl is heard. "My girl!" I rolled my eyes playfully with a smile and looked behind.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I asked her. Ava pouts at me. "I need a tutor. Math is my weakness. It will destroy my entire life." I sighed at her and chuckled. "Alright. I'll just fix some stuff."

Ava watches me fix the papers on the table. "Why are you in the 4th quarter? We're still in 3rd anyways," she asks. "Don't mind. Fourth is difficult. I advise you to advance as well." She nods.

~ ~ ~

"So it's like this?"

"No, no, no. I'll show you."

"Oh! Now, I get it."

"Okay, you got it right but your solution is incorrect."

"Aish! Why is math so difficult!" Ava whines and puts her head on the table. "Come on. With more practice then we will be able to solve it correctly!"

Ava's phone starts vibrating on the table while her ringtone starts playing. I eyed on the caller and looked at Ava. Before she got it, I placed my hand on her phone. "No distractions!" I said.

"It's Beomgyu!" she says. "Gyu can wait. Now focus on this question." She looks at her paper again. After Beomgyu disconnected, he started calling again. "Riri, it must be something important!" she said. "Nu-uh! The last time you said that was at the cinema where you had a huge playful argument with him. Not today, Ava."

"Please!"

"I'll answer it," I answered the call and put it on my ear.

"My Ava!" he shouts. "She's busy," I candidly said. "Oh? Rina? What is she doing?" he asks. "She's doing her math homework. She needs to focus," I said. "Oki! I have something really important to tell her."

"What is it?"

"Tell her that she needs to buy me ice cream because I won our dea-" I cut his words and disconnected the phone. I dropped it on the table and crossed my legs. "I heard him," Ava says and annoyingly rolls her eyes.

As soon as Ava started to write again, I received a text message on my phone. It was from Jungwon

Jungwon: Love.

Jungwon: What is "obnoxious"?

Rina: Are you at class? Why are you using your phone?

Jungwon: I'm on a quiz.

Rina: Are you insane!?

Jungwon: Come on! I know you can help me with this.

Rina: Obnoxious is you.

Jungwon's POV

As I was about to open the door to our room, Ava opened it once again. She went to our room once again. "Oh hey! Rina just tutored me for math," she said. "Riri! Your soulmate is home!" she shouts and waves goodbye at me.

I went inside and saw Rina fixing the papers on the study table. "How's school?" she asks. I put my bag down and sat down tiredly. "Great, I guess," I answered.

But I suddenly sat up straight, looking at her with angry eyes. "Yah!" I called. She looks at me in question. "You gave me the wrong answer!" I said. "Wrong answer? I described Obnoxious correctly."

"You said obnoxious was me."

"Yeah? So?"

"I answered Good-looking. Why is the description of Obnoxious "Unpleasant"?!"

"Are you calling me unpleasant?!"

She laughs horrifically. "I told you I gave the correct description." I pouted and crossed my arms. She just laughs again. I rolled my eyes.

"I have homework. Tutor me too," I said. "I can't do that. You're older than me. You have different and advanced," she says. "You can understand it quickly by scanning. Please!" She sighs. She really can't stand me whining.

"Alright. Bring out the things you need."

~ ~ ~

I was surprised to see that she understood my math lesson for only 10 minutes. I am impressed by how smart she is. Despite that, I'm a grade year older than her. Even I couldn't get what the lesson was all about. I know I will be able to understand this if she teaches me the lesson.

But I was wrong. It was much worse. I felt like I was in a movie. That guy character cannot focus on what her partner is saying because she just keeps admiring her.

"Are you listening to me?!" she shouts. I flinched and nodded quickly. "Yes, you said that X should be transferred here," I confidently answered.

"Oh. I guess you were listening."

"To the words, I said 15 minutes ago. Jungwon, focus!"

"I can't!" I lay my head on the table and looked at her with a frown. "I'm doing this for your good. Come on. Do you want to excel at class?" she asks. "Of course, I do."

She sighs once again. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"You."

"Me?"

"I mean, you. . . Are too fast at teaching," I said. Why would I straightforwardly say that?!

"Oh! My apologies. Okay, let's start from the beginning and I'll do it slowly. I just need your focus, Wonie."

"Alright, alright."

~ ~ ~

"Okay, the last question. I know you can answer this!" she said. I got most of the questions correct. Thanks to her, I did get the lesson after I finally tried to focus.

"Done!" I said and passed my homework to her. She looked at it and scanned it. She smiles at me. "You're all done," she says. I clapped my hands in joy, "Yes!" I shouted. She chuckles at my sudden celebration.

"You're going to be my tutor from now on. How much shall I pay yo-"

"Pay?! No! No need," she refuses. "Come on. Teaching someone dumb like me can be stressful and difficult. How much?" I asked her. But she shook her head. "I'm doing this for your own good Jungwon."

"All I want is for you to excel. This is nothing to me. I chose to do this."

"This is how I show my care for you as well. Love is care right?"

"Then do you love me?"

And here she goes again with her silent answer. Every time I ask her this question, she does not reply.

"Rina, do you-"

"Well, do you?" She then turns the tables to me.

"Rina, I. . ." I didn't continue my words and just stared at her. She gives me a soft smile. "That's what I thought. She then walks away and goes to the bathroom. I sighed.

Mr. Loverman can't share his feelings.

~ ~ ~

anotha chapta!!!

Welcome to 2024!

I hope we get to have more stories this year.

Thank you for reading and I love you all :3

- riwon <3