024

Jungwon's POV

I opened my eyes and was struck by the light of the sun. I looked below my arms and saw a little girl cuddled up in my arms. I smiled while I watched her sleep peacefully and tucked her hair in her ear.

I do have work today. So I might as well get out of bed before I become late. But as I try to get out, a girl's arms pull me and grip it tightly.

"No! I want to sleep!"

I chuckled. Is she dreaming? That's so cute of her.

"Love, I have work. I need to go."

"No! Five minutes!" she pulls me harshly and puts her head above my lower chest as she cuddles me tighter. I snickered. Her whines make me want to pinch her chubby cheeks while she snores in her sleep.

"Wait. What is that sound?" she asks and scooches closer to my chest. "Is this. . ." She listens carefully to my chest.

"It's my heart beating, sweetheart."

"I know it's your heart beating, dummy! But why is it so fast?"

"Are you going to have a heart attack?!" She jumps with eyes widened, looking at me. "Maybe a minute now." Staring at her shocked, morning face makes me smile widely.

The light shines on her face. Her eyes on the strike of light her hazel eyes. Is she this beautiful even if she wakes up?

"Are you sick?" You make me sick. Lovesick.

Jungwon! What are you saying? Am I falling in love?! I can't be doing this.

"I have to go." I jumped out of bed and avoided her eyes. She lays down again while she laughs. "Your face is red. Don't drink coffee or your heart might end up exploding."

You're my caffeine, Rina.

We kept on arguing. Well, playfully arguing. I would get her toothbrush while she jumps trying to reach it. I would also hide some stuff she uses every morning such as her skin care. The result is she hits me hard and gets angry. But on the positive side, she's annoyed. It's my daily dose of happiness seeing her annoyed.

To annoy her again, I got the milk from her hands before she poured it into her cereal. "Booyah!" I annoyingly teased her and put it in my bowl. She crosses her arms with a glare and sighs heavily. She grabs it as it spills on the table but continues to put it in her bowl.

Now, it was me with the crossed arms and playful glare. "So, that's how it is, huh?" I went near her.

But it was now unusual for her to come near me. He touches my chest using her index finger and looks at me in the eye.

"Try me, Yang Jungwon."

She leaves me with a blank mind. I sighed and leaned against the wall while I looked at her head to the dining table. I smirked while watching her eat.

"This girl turns me on."

Rina's POV

It was my first time talking back at him. I never felt better now that I could finally scream at him and have gotten the confidence to snap at him.

I feel like I don't care how he tries to scare me. I am not scared anymore. I do not care.

"So you're not scared anymore, hm?" Jungwon appears out of nowhere and says those words. Can he read my mind? Am I going inside or being too overconfident? "It's fine though, you don't have to be scared." His smile is giving me the chills. It was giving a smile of sarcasm.

I was sitting on the bed and turned the TV on to keep me distracted by his presence. But Jungwon jumped on the bed and started to play with my hair. But the way he plays with it is different.

"You're not scared of me?" Jungwon asks. The tone of his voice was deep and I couldn't help but shiver right on the spot. But I kept my sight on the TV screen.

"What if I do something later tonight? Will you still be scared?"

I jumped off. My heart skipped a beat because of how scared I was. "Yang Jungwon, would you shut up?!" I shouted. Jungwon was rolling on the bed, laughing horrifically. "It isn't funny!" I shouted but was paralyzed. "Sorry! Your reaction is so funny to me!" He still laughs.

"Go away. You're not funny at all."

"Come on! I'm sorry."

"Go away. Please?"

Jungwon suddenly goes silent and doesn't say a word. He touches my arm. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that." I kept my eyes on the TV without a reply.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

I rolled my eyes, "didn't mean my foot."

"Love, I'm sorry." I stood up to get away from him. But he follows me. "Go and shower. You're going to be late."

"But you're mad at me."

"So?"

"I am not going away unless we fix this."

I sighed and crossed my arms. "I forgive you. Now go." I was about to walk away again my Jungwon held my arm. "It doesn't look like it. Please forgive me properly."

"What? I said I forgive you."

"Prove it!" he pouts. "Jungwon, I forgive you. I don't need to prove it."

"I am not taking a shower. I am not going!"

"Then, don't!" I threw my arms up as an action that I did not care. I walk away but Jungwon still catches up. He whines at me. "Rina! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!"

"Jungwon, I said I forgive you."

"I'm gonna cry! You don't forgive me!" This guy is not even a guy. But a baby.

"Jungwon, I said I forgive you. Will I have to repeat that?!" His hands travel to my cheeks and pull me to face him. He points at his eyes.

"Look! Tears! TEARS! My TEARS!"

What the heck?

"Tears! Love! I'm crying! My tears!" I breathed in the annoyance in me. And exhaled slowly to remain calm.

"What do you want me to do to prove my forgiveness?" I asked. His eyes glittered up. "Kiss me!"

"What? Yang Jungwon, are you out of your mind?!" I scolded. He gave me this cheeky look and pout while pointing at his lips. "No, I am not kissing you there." I am not making my first kiss unspecial.

"Come on!"

"Jungwon. Just go away. Why are you even asking for a kiss you don't even like me. We're friends."

Jungwon stood still and looked at me in silence. He grabs his towel from the rack. "I'm sorry. I'll be taking a bath now." He continues to go to the bathroom.

His mood felt so different after what I said. Is there something wrong with my words? I was only speaking the truth about what he thinks about me. It's not like he likes me.

~ ~ ~

another update!

it's almost christmas! where are you guys gonna spend your holidays?

anyways, thank you for reading! i love you every day, my readers.

- riwon <3