027

Jungwon's POV

I was about to open the door to my room but to my surprise, Ava opened it. She was about to go out. She waves at me and leaves.

"Bye, Ava!" I heard Rina's voice as she waved goodbye to her.

I went inside and closed the door from behind me. I spotted Rina on the bed, lying down while looking for something to watch. I just stood still while I looked at her.

She looks at me in the eye. "What are you looking at?" she says with a sassy tone. I raised an eyebrow. "Looking? Pft. As if." I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore her existence. "What's with the attitude? You were all jolly when you went out now you're giving me an eye roll?" she said with indignance. I put my bag down harshly on the bed and sat down. I didn't speak to her and still tried to ignore her. But she continues to bother me.

"Hey, Jungwon. Are you okay?" she asks in a calm tone. I looked at her with her worried eyes. She does care for me. I just sighed and looked away. "Come on. Tell me the problem" She moved a bit more near as I stood back fast.

"Get away!" I said in shock and a fearful tone. She chuckles, "oh yeah, COVID," she says. "But is something bothering you?" she asks once again. I shook my head. "No. Maybe I just need a cold shower," I answered. I stood up and went to get my towel while Rina continued to watch TV.

She scares me. She was on my mind the whole day. I couldn't also stop thinking about the lie detector game. Even I can't answer if I do like her.

"Aish, why?!" I whined. "Why? What's the matter?!" Rina shouts from the outside of the bathroom. "Nothing. I just put my shampoo as my body wash." She laughs in answer.

See? This is the problem. I've been dumb things because I couldn't stop thinking about it. But I do wonder if she likes me too.

What am I thinking?! And, "too"?! I don't even like her! Jungwon, what is up with you?!

I went out of the bathroom and spotted Rina taking selfies. I wiped my hair rapidly while I stared at her posing.

I couldn't think of anything but she was beautiful. She's everything you can describe. Cute, smart, and pretty, and her personality. I love her personality. I have never been with any girl like her before. I never even felt what it's like to be in love.

Is that the reason why I don't get what I feel?

I grabbed my phone and lay down on our bed. I opened the group chat.

Ni-ki: Mint choco is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.

Sunoo: I know how to spell that word. It's R-I-K-I.

Jungwon: Guys.

Heeseung: Lover boiii!!

Jay: Ey! Ehem.

Jake: Ehem!

Sunghoon: Ehem?!

Jungwon: Ehem? What are you guys eheming about?

Sunghoon: We're eheming this person who can't admit their feelings towards his crush.

Ni-ki: Ew. S-C-A-R-E-D to be in love.

Jake: You like her.

Jungwon: Lmao. I don't like Rina. How many times I'll tell you that?

Heeseung: Jake didn't even say a name.

Jay: 😏

Sunghoon: Too sh*tty shy to admit.

Heeseung: Language!

Sunoo: You stared at our lunch break for the whole 10 minutes.

Jungwon: I was thinking of someone else.

Ni-ki: C-H-E-A-T-E-R.

Jay: What a cheater.

Jake: Oh, who?

Jungwon: Nari. I like her.

Heeseung: We're not 6-year-olds, Jungwon.

Jungwon: 🙁

Sunoo: Take your time on thinking. I know you like her.

Ni-ki: Come on just A-D-M-I-T it.

Jay: Ni-ki is a preschool teacher.

Heeseung: Stop spelling.

Ni-ki: You can't even spell S-P-E-L-I-N-G.

Jake: It's double L.

Ni-ki: I hate you. I'm leaving Enhypen for good!

Sunoo: He'll come back.

I put my phone down. Gosh, my group is a mess.

I heard Rina laughing while scrolling through her phone. "What's funny?" I asked. "Oh, nothing. Just a meme," she chuckles.

I realized I haven't posted anything on Twitter yet. Might as well do so.

"Oh, you posted something," Rina uttered. A smirk was on my face while she pressed the notification of my post. Her face shifts into a serious one. More like trying to hold her smile. "How is it?" I asked. "Good."

"Good?" I snatched her phone from her hand. "Hey!" she shouts, trying to snatch it back. "This ain't just GOOD," I said while I raised her phone high. "Give me back my phone!" She jumps. I tried to save the picture on her phone but she kept on pushing me. "Don't try to save it! I already saved it, Jungwon!" I put my arms on my waist. "So, you're saving my pics huh?"

"Taehyung is better anyways!" Her phone was finally in her hands. I sighed heavily. "Is that true?" I crossed my arms.

"You want me to put my lips on yours this time? I'll go even further than that." I tried to scare her. I smirked while she looked at me in fear.

But she suddenly stood up as her small strong hands pushed me in the bed. She places her face near mine as her index finger is on my chin, keeping it aligned with her face. She gave me a seductive look which made me hide in my inner shell.

"You? Go further?" she asks. She smirks at me. "I don't think you can ever do that. You're just as scared as I am," she says as she moves closer to me. My lips were almost touching hers. I was tempted to move my head and bump her lips onto mine.

"As I am?" she asks again.

"I don't think so. . . My love."

She moves back and lays down on the bed. She continued to play with her phone while I was paralyzed right on the spot. I couldn't move. I couldn't think well.

All I could think was I do love her.

Lie detectors don't lie.

~ ~ ~

y'all can't even spell speling.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Well, belated :P

thank you for reading! staying strong until 2024!

i love you :3

- riwon <3