022

Jungwon's POV

I shouldn't have opened the door. I am now standing in front of Rina's mother. I can say that they do look alike. Rina got her facial features from her mother. Beautiful.

"I cannot believe my eyes. You're soulmates with Jungwon?!"

"Mom! Just come in!" Rina slowly assists her mother inside our room. "This whole time! It was you!" he points at me. I chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah!" I answered.

"I cannot believe this, Rina! The boy you were crushing on and crying about every night is going to be your husband!"

"Mom!"

"What?" I looked at Rina while trying not to laugh. No wonder why she didn't want me to meet her mother. It's because she would be too embarrassed to reveal some secrets about her.

About how she's probably head over heels for me.

"Hi, Jungwon! It's so finally nice to meet you!" Her mother offered a hug and gave each other one. "I am a fan of your group as well!" she says. My mouth opens widely. "Oh! That's cool, ma'am."

"Don't call me ma'am. Call me mom instead," she says while raising both of her eyebrows. I smirked, "okay, mom." I looked at Rina with a smile.

I enjoy this husband and wife roleplay.

"I'll get you some water," Rina said and went to the kitchen. "I can't believe you're going to be my son-in-law very soon!"

"Mom, too early!"

"Come on! Who knows! Maybe you got all so lovey-dovey," she whispers. I laughed while Rina shouted. "We're minors!"

"I mean, just kissed!" she says. "Ew, Mom. No." Rina hands a glass of water to her mother. "Why? Didn't you say it was your dream to kiss Ju-"

"The water is warm it might get cold so finish it."

I'm right. Rina is head over heels for me. Or did she used to? She doesn't act like she even loves me in front of me.

"Anyways, mom? Are you hungry? We have some ramen here," I said. "Sure! I would love some!" she says. "Alright! I'll make them!" I went to the kitchen while they both sat on the dining table.

"You don't act like this before," her mom said with a concerned tone in her voice. "Mom, he might hear."

And what exactly will I hear?

"You've been acting weird since you found out who your soulmate is. You've been so weird ever since you found out it's Jungwon." Rina doesn't answer. I just felt a sense that she frowned. No wonder why we're soulmates.

"Honey, you like Jungwon so much."

"Please don't mention it anymore." The tone in her voice sounded serious. It was slowly breaking my heart as if she didn't want to mention that she likes me. Or she USED to like me?

Why do I even feel like this?

"Why don't we talk outside?" Rina and her mother went outside to talk. The door remained open. I went towards it and decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Is there something bothering you? Is he doing something to you?"

"No, mom. Jungwon is the sweetest person but things are getting a little bit too serious, Mom."

Serious? About our relationship? What does it make it serious?

"Sweetheart, it's just that-"

"Mom, I'm not that head over heels for Jungwon as Jungwon okay? I don't like him."

Ramen is cooked. I might as well just serve it on the table before my tears reach my shirt.

I left the ramen on the table and sat on the bed while staring into space. It was questionable. After hearing those words for her, there was this unbearable pain I felt inside of me which is making me burst into tears. Good thing I know how to control my emotions. They must not suspect me for crying especially since they had that conversation. They might say I eavesdropped on what they were saying.

I covered my eyes to stop my tears from coming out. Rina and her mother came inside which made me stand up. I forced myself to smile while I went towards them

"Rina, I just need to buy something outside," I said. "Sure, sure! Take care!"

"Yeah."

Rina's POV

"What do you mean you don't like him anymore?" my mom asks while she crosses her arms. "No, it's not like that! Like I said things are getting serious. And that even if we're soulmates, I'm not even sure if Jungwon can like me."

"Has he been treating you nicely?"

"Yeah, of course he does. He does every single time, Mom. That's what I like about him. It's like I want to show him that I like him as he is and not because he is a KPOP star."

"I don't wanna just like him because he's the boy I loved when I first saw him. I want to love him whether he's a KPOP star or not. That's what I meant."

My mother smiles."I get what you mean. And I'm happy that you're starting to mature in these kinds of things."

"But, he doesn't like me."

My mother shook her head. "Don't get that into your head, dear. Because the more you keep thinking that he will not like you, the more it will hurt you. Instead, see the efforts he makes as the reason why he loves you. Love can wait. You guys will both tell how much you mean to each other."

"Don't think like that. I'm sure Jungwon likes you. Maybe he is already in love with you."

I sighed and smiled. "Hopefully nothing will go wrong," I said. She combs my hair, "nothing will. I have faith in the both of you."

"You two were connected for a reason."

"You met him for a reason."

"And you two are meant to be together for a reason."