035

Jungwon's POV

My tears never stopped streaming down my face. It's funny to think that Rina might come home with the room flooding because of my tears. My heart aches because of the opportunity I missed.

It's difficult to protect her. She's far from me and I don't know what's going on or what will happen the next time. But I'll leave this to God. I prayed so hard for God to keep her safe even if I was not around.

I wiped my tears. I felt my heart tightened. It's so difficult to stop thinking negative thoughts.

What if Rina doesn't come home again? What if Rina's brother is in danger? He needs to be found. I can't meet her family without meeting her siblings. Rina loves them so much.

I received a text notification. It was from her. I checked my inbox and saw that she sent a video. I played it.

"Hey, Jungwon. I'm here to update you that I'm here at the Airport. I'm doing good but I'm still worried for my brother. I just wanted to send this video so you know where I am. . . If you care."

I care. I care so much, Rina.

"Are you doing well? If you don't feel good, I'm here. I'm just a call away or a message away, okay? I'll be back if I find Ellis."

"Go to sleep. I can see you replying to Engenes right now. Take care of your health. I know you can do this even without me." She chuckles at the end. She pouts.

"I miss you, Jungwon. I'm sure you won't miss me. But I have this." My eyes widened when I saw her holding the pink rose. "I got this with me so I can still feel that you're here. I'm sorry if I can't leave anything there. But tomorrow I think my mother's package will come. I have something there for you."

"Go to sleep, Jungwon. Take care!"

The video ended. I cried harder and curled my legs. All I felt was pain. I miss her so much.

I'll leave to God for her safety.

Rina's POV

I knocked at the door of our house. My father opens the door. "Rina?!" he shouts. I heard my mother's footsteps rushing to the door. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug as soon as she saw me. My shirt was getting wet from her tears.

"You came home," she said. "I'm sorry, mom, dad. I couldn't help myself. When you told me about Ellis, I immediately packed my stuff." I closed the door behind me. "I'm glad you're safe. But you could've gone here tomorrow."

"It's okay. I'm really worried for you, guys. I'm worried for Ellis."

"Mo-. Rina?" My eyes landed on my younger brother, Sendrick. I saw his eyes getting teary and runs towards me and hugged me. "Rina!" he cries. "Oh my, Sendick. It's okay. I'm here."

"Ellis is lost. It's all my fault because I left him for a while. I shouldn't have left him."

"Shhh. . . It's no one's fault, Sendrick." I hugged him tighter to feel comfort.

"But what about Jungwon? Where is he?"

"Jungwon?" my father spoke.

"I left him there. I said it was dangerous for him to come with me. He might get caught," I answered. "Jungwon? Is that the K-pop star you're into?"

"She's her soulmate, honey. But let's talk about it later."

~ ~ ~

"Tell me everything that happened, Sendrick."

"It started after we went to the mall. Mom and Dad were at the restaurant across the playground we always play. Ellis and I decided to play there and told Mom and Dad."

"I thought of playing hide and seek like the old times. When it was my turn to seek. It took me a long time to find him. I thought he hid at the restaurant so I asked Mom and Dad if he saw him. I thought Mom and Dad were covering him up and that he wasn't hiding. But we looked all over the place and didn't see him."

"I blame myself. I shouldn't have considered playing the game and just played a much safer one. I'm sorry that I disappoint everyone." My brother started crying once again.

My mother hugged him and kissed him. "It isn't your fault, okay? We will find your brother as soon as possible."

"With Rina by our side, at least we have fewer worries. The police are going to help as well with the investigation," Dad said.

"Didn't you say that you played at the playground where we used to play?" I asked. "Yes. I'm sure you know that."

I do. It was near the Japanese restaurant that my brother was referring to where my Mom and Dad ate. It's also near the convenience store.

"I feel so bad," my brother spoke. I hugged him tighter. "I even promised him to buy him his strawberry lollipop if he won. I'm such a bad brother."

"A lollipop? At the convenience store?" Sendrick nods. Random possibilities of where my brother Ellis is started popping into my head.

And with the hint of what Sendrick said, I think I know just where went.

~ ~ ~

rina - best sister ever

thank you for reading this chapter! Will upload again by next week!

It's almost Valentine's Day too! Can I be your Valentine?

I love you all :3

- riwon <3