- 7: This game is overplayed -

Emily's P

Emily's P.O.V.

"Mom! Mom! What's happening?" I cried, as I felt my vision get more and more blurry as seconds passed.

I felt an unbearable pain on my right shoulder but I couldn't turn to look at it, as my eyes were set on the chaos in front of me painted in red and blue.

Shouts from people I didn't know was all I could hear and they made no sense to me. I saw someone pulling a stretcher in an ambulance and I used all my strength to run to it but I wasn't strong enough.

I was held back by arms holding me.

"Em, no! You're hurt!" A voice said in alarm from somewhere behind me.

I kept struggling but I just wasn't strong enough. I felt a sting on my right arm.

My vision slowly turned from different shades of red and blue to black.

"No" I whispered. "I need to see him... Please"

My eyes snapped open as I sat up on my bed in alarm. I sit there trying to get my breathing under control.

I haven't had a nightmare in more than a year but it's exactly as I remembered.

I sighed turning to look at the time to see it's 6. I decided to get up and take a shower.

After a lot of thinking and staring at nothing in particular I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself.

Having no motivation whatsoever, on literally the second day of school I just choose to wear my nike tights and a loose tank top and left my hair open in its natural waves.

I unconsciously turned to the side to look at my right shoulder in the mirror to look at the scar, very much present

I unconsciously turned to the side to look at my right shoulder in the mirror to look at the scar, very much present. It sure has faded overtime but it's still there.

I shook my head grabbing my bag and phone and walked out of my room and down the stairs, to see mom in the kitchen having coffee against the counter.

"Morning mom." I grumbled, grabbing some for myself.

"Morning, my little ball of energy." She chuckled looking at my state. "You were in bed when I came home last night so I couldn't ask, but how was your first day of school?"