- 48: Are you okay? -

*Hands over a martini*

Hehe he he *trying to impersonate Gojo*

Enjoyyy!!
Best enjoyed with popcorn :)

Enjoyyy!! Best enjoyed with popcorn :)

Emily's P.O.V.

I saw the trees pass by and just imagined what it would be like to become a bird residing on one of these trees.

But that brings us to the fact that no creature lives a completely peaceful life. Everyone has to fend for themselves in some way or the other.

I sighed, stretching my legs out in the passenger seat of Lex's car.

It's been three days since the day I met with Alex and had that heated argument with Ryder.

I would be lying if I said that I was okay. I didn't cry though, I just felt numb. I mean, how are you supposed to feel when you lose someone who wasn't yours to begin with?

Ryder and I have had no contact since then. We didn't have a reason to.

There were nods of acknowledgement when we passed each other in the school hall and that was it.

I think this is the longest we've gone without talking since the day I came back to town.

But that was enough to make my heart feel heavy and empty at the same time.

I've been training a lot more than I used to. All the things I'm feeling right now, I convert them to rage.

I need help.

And because of all that, I've been a tired mess. I sometimes fall asleep in classes because of a night that I spent in the gym, training.

This is pathetic. I'm experiencing heartbreak, even without a breakup.

I'm pretty sure I would've been in the gym right now if it wasn't Perri's birthday.

We were on our way to an ice rink just outside town, to an address that Cole sent us.

Cole spent days planning this for Perri's birthday, which I think, is the sweetest thing ever.

So, Lex, Mia and I are headed there and Cole is supposed to pick Perri from her place. Apparently he had a surprise for Perri that even we don't know about.

Even though Perri's my best friend and I love her but I'm also dreading the part where I'll have to face Ryder and pretend to be okay.

It's tiring.

"So, he dumped you?" Mia frowned, munching on peanuts.

I groaned in frustration. "Yes- No! I don't know! We were not dating, in the first place."

Mia sighed. "You two are the weirdest people I've ever seen. You love each other yet you manage to fall apart, everytime."

"Tell me about it." Lex added.