- 41: Second choice? -

*Hands over two Oreos*

Sorry for the delay guys!
Enjoyyyy!

Sorry for the delay guys!Enjoyyyy!

Emily's P.O.V.

Even though I was very very irritated right now, I knew exactly how Perri was feeling.

That feeling of uncertainty you experience when you don't know how to act in front of a person anymore.

I have experienced that a number of times so I'm very familiar with the worried look on her face as we enter Cole's house.

Ever since that day at the carnival Perri hasn't spoken about Cole but she hasn't been acting different around Cole. I guess she's a lot better at suppressing her emotions than I am.

The moment we walked into the house, following Dylan, I felt a weight on my shoulder.

I looked to the side to see Ryder casually strolling beside me.

Ryder has been acting weird. A lot clingy than usual. He's been taking every chance to hold my hand, talk to me, to whisper in my ear and honestly, I'm not complaining.

I love the way he touches me. Everytime he touches me, it's with so much care that I almost want to melt in his arms.

But the one thing that bothers me is the fact that we are the only one's that know about our feelings and we haven't made anything official yet. The fact that he's acting like this is front of all our friends makes me feel like, he has an ulterior motive.

My suspicion was proven right when I frowned up at him and he was not even looking at me. I followed his line of vision and saw him glaring at Connor.

My frown fell as disbelief set in.

I subtly turned away towards the others, making his arm to naturally fall of my shoulder and walked away.

It was him. It was Connor. Ryder has been acting weird because of him.

It all makes sense now.

The girls were right, after all.

He's so stupid.

'He doesn't know...'

I sighed as we reached up to Cole's room. Dylan being Dylan walked in without knocking.

"What the fuck?" Cole croaked, looking at us filing into his room in surprise.

"They're here to check on you man." Dylan stated, seeing his alarmed expression.

"That's really sweet, guys." Cole said with a tired smile. "But knock next time, I could've been naked."

Mia groaned. "We can never have a normal conversation, can we?"

Cole chuckled, but his look turned into a frown as his eyes landed on Connor. "Um...?"

"Oh right." I exclaimed. "Cole, this is Connor, my old friend. Also, he goes to our school."