- 51: Pull the trigger -

*Hands over a bag of doritos*

For all the readers who love action ;)

Diana's P.O.V.

"Ugh did literally no one bring mosquito repellent?" Lexi groaned, waving her arms around.

I rolled my eyes. "No. Sorry, I didn't realise that we were going on a picnic."

"Okay, this is it." Miles said, making us stop and look ahead at a big and old warehouse, looking like any normal warehouse, at some distance.

"Questionable taste, but okay." Jacob sighed, turning to look at the other gang members. "Take positions."

There were barely any sounds of footsteps or rustling in the bushes as the people moved around to take their positions. We had covered almost the whole entrance of the warehouse.

We parked our cars at a safe distance and got here on foot. It was dark outside and the only thing visible from here was the warehouse and a small light hanging outside the entrance.

Jacob took a few steps forward, carefully looking at the ground. "It should be... somewhere... right here!" He said, pointing at the smudged, barely visible line on the ground.

We looked around to notice that the wires around the place were uneven, not covering the whole circle.

"Don't be fooled by the looks of it, these wires produce an invisible electric shield and will definitely set off an alarm along with electrocuting you." Jacob said, looking at me.

How can he always read my mind?

"Why are you going in there alone, again?" Alexis sighed, looking at Miles.

Miles didn't look back as she replied. "Because Jacob needs more people outside as half of the gang isn't here yet. I can take care of the few I'll meet inside."

"But how do you kn-"

Miles cut her off, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Lex, I'll be fine."

Alexis sighed and I decided to keep my mouth shut.

"What about you? Aren't you like, the leader? Shouldn't you be in your office barking orders at everyone?" Alexis asked, tightening her gear.

Jacob let out a throaty chuckle. "If it was any other smaller mission, I probably would've done that but it isn't. We're taking down my lovely brother, I can't miss this."

I rolled my eyes.

"I saw that." He said, now beside me, hiding behind the same tree as me.

"I don't care." I deadpanned.

Miles signalled for us to be quiet and touched her transmitter. "How much longer, Jason? We barely have any time left."

The voice from the other end was muffled, but we could hear it.