- 29: God, I'm pathetic -

*Hands over an Oreo*

You guys sit back and relax cuz this is a light chapter. There is only so much intensity I can handle.

Since I have a habit of laughing in the most deranged situations, here's a chapter like that.

Please enjoy :)

Emily's P.O.V.

The truth always hurts.

Does it?

Does everyone go through the same shit whenever there's truth involved?

I've seen many glorified versions of the revelation of truths in dramas where one person decides to tell the truth and everyone ends up happy.

How does that even happen? It's bullshit.

Because in reality, truth ends up making things complicated to the point where no one knows what to do anymore.

It's been a week since I was discharged from the hospital and it's safe to say that Ryder has been trying to avoid me.

The rest of the group was there when I woke up and they made sure I was feeling better before we talked about what happened that night.

They were all super understanding and managed to make me smile. I feel like I've grown a lot closer to everyone after this incident, except Ryder as I still don't know what position we were in anymore.

He hasn't been around much and his football practice for the upcoming game has helped him do that, very subtly.

He runs away to the field as soon as school is over and he isn't as playful as he used to be, at least around me, and that surprisingly feels weird.

It's Saturday and everyone has decided to meet up at Ryder's place for some reason. I have no idea why, but I think it was Cole's idea.

I tried making excuses to back out but no one would have it so here I am, about to walk up the steps to Ryder's door.

"Hey, wait up!"

A voice called from behind me as I turned to see Mia rushing towards me.

She reached me, panting. "Hi!" She said between breaths.

"Hi, very unfit person." I said, with a teasing smile.

"Oh shut up." She rolled her eyes, winding her hand around mine as we walked together to the front door. "Come on."

I rang the doorbell and the door swung open to reveal a hyper looking Dylan.

"Hello ladies." He sang, bowing to exaggerate his stupid British accent.

I rolled my eyes at him, walking in. "Howdy." I said making him frown and Mia burst out laughing.

Dylan then led us towards the living room and disappeared in the kitchen, probably to empty out the pantry.