- 17: Lift up your shirt -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Enjoyyyy :)

Emily's P.O.V.

"I think I can walk." I said for the hundredth time, earning me the hundredth glare, making me roll my eyes.

After the whole Jason fiesta at school, and my minor slip as I winced in pain, Ryder took no time in rushing towards me, holding me for support.

Alec had plans with the guys and asked me to catch a ride with one of my friends, before glaring at Ryder. Harry and Ryan followed after him, but not before fist bumping me, proud of me for kicking Jason's ass.

Perri was pretty emotional as she hugged me and kept repeating 'thank you's, while I patted her head awkwardly.

Soon, everyone went their own way till it was just Lexi, Ryder and I in the parking lot.

Just when I was about to ask Ryder to let go of me so I can go with Lexi, she suddenly facepalmed herself, a little too dramatically and mumbled something like, 'I forgot to feed my pet parrot' and ran off yelling a farewell.

She doesn't even have a pet parrot. Not even a pet, for that matter.

I gaped at her retreating figure with my mouth hanging open.

So now I'm being carried, yes, carried, by none other than Ryder, towards my house, after he gave me a lift home.

"Come on Ryder, you're overreacting." My complains were unheard as Ryder made me put in the code into the mechanical lock, with a blank stare.

I sighed, putting it in anyway, one arm still clinging onto his neck.

Also, apart from the random glares and clenched teeth, he's been giving me the silent treatment.

'Okay he's not completely wrong to be mad, you kinda made your brother hold him back while you nosedived into a fight.'

I know...

'Thats was quick...'

I sighed, as I knew I messed up but if I had to, I'd do it again. It was important and he has to understand that I'm not made of glass. He could at least talk to me about it. But no, he has to be a baby and sulk.

"Ryder." I tried, as he walked up the stairs, completely ignoring me.

He took two steps at a time and that made my waist jerk a bit making me wince. His eyes snapped to mine, making me look up to see our faces aligned, a little too close.

I gulped as he sighed, slowing his pace and taking one step at a time.

The proximity was doing things to me that I didn't want to admit and his ignorance was bothering me at the same time, making me grow irritated slowly.