- 9: Knockout -

*hands over an Oreo*

I hope you enjoy reading :)

Emily's P.O.V.

Ron : Fight scheduled at 6 today.

I stared at my phone screen for the 15th time in the last hour before slamming my locker shut.

Just my luck. The day, everyone decides to gather at my place, I finally have a fight scheduled.

New fighters have to wait till they find a slot. The locals hog the slots by challenging each other in hopes of having more people bet on them.

We moved here about a week before school began and registered on the first day itself, but I didn't hear from them until now. I guess someone decided to finally play with a supposed 'rookie'.

Just perfect.

"Hey it's okay. You can just tell them you have other commitments that you forgot about. I'm sure they'll understand." Lexi said when she reached me, after shoving her books in her locker.

I sighed, nodding. "I know. I just don't want Cole to go all Sherlock Holmes on me again."

I've never had to sneak around before, hiding my life underground. I was pretty much unapproachable in school in London and well, I didn't bother hiding it from Lexi since she's with me literally all the time.

She accompanied me to fights, stitched me up when needed and after bugging me for months, convinced me into teaching her how to fight as well, I wasn't trained but I had picked up some tricks from YouTube and well, from experience. She has faught a fair share of matches herself and doesn't fail to make me proud.

What she doesn't know is that I choose the opponent for her myself. I ask Ron, our manager to run a background check on the fighter before accepting a challenge or be the one to challenge. She isn't weak or incompetent, but being the one who brought her into this, the last thing I want is for her to get hurt.

I looked down at my phone when another ping echoed from it, which was an 'ok' and 'be careful' by Alec as a reply to my text that I'd be staying over at Lexi's tonight and that he should head home without me.

I shoved my phone in my bag and adjusted it on my shoulder as I noticed some people making a beeline towards us.

A body suddenly threw itself at me, making me stagger back. "I hate everyone." Perri whined into my shoulders, which came out muffled.

My eyes widened in surprise at the sudden outburst as I patted her back in comfort.

"Why is a Perri clinging on to me like I'm a tree?" I asked as the others joined us with amused smiles.

Perri detached an arm from around me and pointed an accusing finger at the others. "They're being asses and won't let me live." She whined and went back to clinging to me.