- 31: Fucking traitors -

*Hands over an Oreo*

I'm back with another chapter lovelies. Thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it. All the votes and comments give me a lot of motivation to write.

Also I feel like this song goes beautifully with the chapter.

Enjoyyy!!!

Emily's P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh! I still can't believe this." Mia squealed, holding Ryder's jersey like a fucking trophy.

"I, for one, am not surprised. It's his Miles after all." Perri said, curling her hair.

"His Miles? Uh, Bless you." I scoffed, smacking the back of Perri's head.

Lexi snorted from where she was on the bed, scrolling on her phone.

"Ow, you know I'm right. Guys, back me up here." Perri whined, getting up from the stool and making me sit in her place, to do my hair.

"Dude I haven't known y'all for a very long time but I started shipping you two, the moment your eyes met. It was like a newly ignited flame." Lexi said, being a professional at exaggerating whatever she says.

"She's right, you know. I mean, he said it to you himself, he has never asked a girl to wear his jersey before." Mia shrugged, applying her peach lipstick which made her eyes look even more gorgeous.

I had noticed now that Perri had decided to straighten my hair, for tonight and to be honest, she knew what she was doing.

"So what? That doesn't mean anything. Guys do ask their friends to wear their jersey, sometimes." I said, in the most convincing tone I could muster up.

Perri moved back and looked at me in the mirror to exaggerate her point. "Um hello? We are his friends too."

"But he obviously can't ask you because of C- I mean, Logan. Yeah, you had a boyfriend." I said, holding myself from revealing something that I'm not in a place to reveal.

"That still doesn't explain me." Mia said, pointing to herself.

"Um... Dylan." Perri coughed out, making Mia frown and the rest of us laugh. "Anyway, it's a known fact that a guy giving a girl his jersey is a huge step forward in their relationship."

My eyes widened as I looked at her through the mirror. "R- relationship?"

Perri met my panicked eyes with her stern ones and Mia groaned. "Stop it. You're scaring her."

Lexi laughed. "Only you, Emily. Only you."

I shook my head, trying not to overthink this, but that's hard to do when it's something like this.

Did the jersey actually mean something?

The cogs of my brain turned on their own, making me shut my eyes in frustration.