- 36: Something very necessary -

* Hands over a chocolate Oreo*

Hello lovelies!
Sorry for the late update but I finally got to go out with my friends and I was so tired that I slept for 17 hours straight.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Ryder's P.O.V.

A whoosh of air hit me right in my face and then I felt a cold metal touch my neck.

I froze, as I noticed the sharp side of the knife directly angled to cut my throat open.

"STOP!" Miles yelled, wide-eyed and breathing heavily as bood dripped from her thigh. "Fine. You win!"

The guy holding the knife to my neck kept his hold on the knife and turned to look at Miles with a smirk.

I looked at Miles with pleading eyes to somehow change her mind from giving in to what they want and that I wouldn't mind getting hurt for her.

She only looked at me with an apologetic expression and a sad smile. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

*****

*One hour ago*

"Just one more picture, I promise." Perri said, holding up her phone.

I shifted to the side to stand behind Miles who stood stiffly with a small smile.

"Miles?" I noticed her stiffen even more.

"Look into the camera people!" Perri called out, making me sigh and look in front.

Perri groaned. "You're not fitting in the frame, step back."

She said pushing Miles slightly making her trip on my foot.

She gasped as she lost her footing but I grabbed her just before she could fall, and pulled her to my chest.

Her eyes were tightly shut making me smile. "You're okay. I got you." I said, making her open her eyes in surprise.

We looked at each other intently when I heard a click that made me pull out of my trance. Miles snapped her head to the side to look at the girls with dreamy looks on their faces.

"You better get this one framed." Mia squealed, looking at Perri's phone.

Miles blinked in surprise before pulling herself away from me, in a flash, making me frown.

I could tell by just looking at her eyes that something was bothering her.

"So, wanna grab a bite before we leave?" She asked, taking a few more steps away from me.