- 38: You're all I know -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Enjoyyyy!!!

Emily's P.O.V.

Anticipation.

Even the word sounds frustrating to me.

And with Ryder, I've felt it non stop because we have already gone through so much, that it's just unreal.

With him finding out about streetfighting, about Ethan, and my sudden involvement with gangs, we have had our fair share of confrontations.

And the anticipation was real.

Me being me, I've always tried my best to add humor to try and escape the situation but all that did was worsen it.

As we walked up the stairs towards my room with his arm hooked with mine as he helped me with my injured thigh, I could almost feel the anticipation oozing off of the both of us.

I couldn't help but remember all the terrible things I said to him at the carnival because I was afraid of him being seen with me.

"Let's stop pretending like everything's normal and that we are best friends again. You really think I can forgive you that easily?"

Although it broke my heart to say the words, I had to at least try and make it seem like he doesn't matter to me.

"I'm sorry to say this, Ryder, but you're still the same pompous ass, that you were back then."

I grimaced at the thought of my harsh words and how hurt Ryder must have been.

We reached my room and I walked in and sure enough, he followed.

I just had to go ahead and get kidnapped, didn't I?

I walked further into the room and heard him closing the door. I took this moment to mentally prepare myself for another confrontation.

I heard movement behind me and turned to face him when I was met with a chest.

My eyes automatically widened as I realised that I was in Ryder's arms as he pulled me to his chest with his arms tight around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled into my neck making me frown. "This is all my fault, I'm so sorry."

I was so surprised at his reaction that my body couldn't process the situation. I had expected for him to yell at me or maybe give me the silent treatment.

"Hey," My arms finally went up around his neck, as I held onto him like always.

The feeling of having his body close to mine is one that I just can't explain. It's almost like finding a home.

"What do you mean? How is any of this your fault?" I said, running my hand up and down his neck. I felt him shiver at my touch, making me smile slightly.