- 33: Night changes -

*Hands over a pack of Oreos*

Hey lovelies, so this chapter is a little different from the usual ones.

Normal - the present
Bold and italic - the song
Italic - flashback

Also, please listen to the song above when you read this one, for maximum effect.

Hope you like it. Do let me know what you think of the chapter, this is a pretty important one.

 Do let me know what you think of the chapter, this is a pretty important one

Emily's P.O.V.

"And that's when big guy over there, appeared out of nowhere and the girl never looked at me again for the whole evening." Dylan groaned, throwing a glare towards Ryder, over his shoulder.

"How many times do I have to tell you that she was just using you to get to Ryder, my brother." Cole said, lazily while patting Dylan's back.

"Okay, who gave him so much to drink?" Dylan snapped, swatting Cole's hand away, making him stumble and fall on grass and burst out laughing.

Perri smacked Dylan in the back of his head before rushing to pick Cole up from the ground.

They're so cute.

My gaze automatically moved towards a figure who has been the centre of attention for the whole evening. Since Ryder is the quarterback and the start player of today's match, people have been hogging him one after another.

I snapped my eyes away from him, as I saw a girl from our school subtly feel his bicep, and turned to the table with the drinks.

I sighed, grabbing the bottle of tequila and downing another shot of it and winced at the taste.

"Woah! slow down jellypants." Lex said, taking the bottle away from me and placing it under the table.

I, then noticed that Dylan was engaged in a conversation with a guy from school and that left me with the girls and their attention on my almost drunken self.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Give that to me." I moved to grab it, but Lex moved it further away from me.

"You need to stop drinking Em." Mia said, taking the bottle from Lex and keeping it on the other side of the table.

"What I need is a drink, if you guys want me to survive tonight." I said, looking around. "It's hard, you know?"

"Aw I know." Mia said, pulling me in for a hug. "Trust me, Ryder's just fulfilling the formalities. He's the future captain, after all."

"Yeah I know, but I still feel restless." I sighed into her shoulder.

I was met with silence and looked up to see both Mia and Lex looking at me wide-eyed.

"What?" I sighed.

"I just... I just thought you're gonna deny it again." Mia said, softly.

Even Perri had stumbled towards us, overhearing the conversation, while dragging a very drunk Cole with her.