- 52: It was meant for me -

*Hands over two Oreo*

#3 in past?! This still seems unreal to me. Thank you, to everyone who gave this book a chance. I love you :')

 I love you :')

Emily's P.O.V

My eyes were squeezed shut and my arms were around Ryder in an even tighter grip.

A moment passed.

Then another...

It took me about 5 seconds to realise that I couldn't feel the impact. I couldn't feel anything except Ryder's body heat and both of our loud and fast heartbeats.

The sound of the gunshot was still ringing in my ear, as a confirmation that a bullet was in fact, fired.

I just wasn't brave enough to open my eyes to see its effect. Because sadly I wasn't sure if I was fast enough but I remained latched onto him.

I was not surprised at all when I jumped in front of Ryder and I knew that I'd do it again, if I have to.

My body just reacted on its own as I pulled him into one last embrace.

"Oh my god..." Ryder breathed out, making me snap out of my trance and my eyes widened.

"What?" I pulled away from him with thoughts of terrible possibilities as I scanned him from head to toe. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

He wasn't. I'm sure I heard the sound of a gunshot fired...

I'm so confused...

My wide eyes finally landed on his and I noticed him, looking at something behind me.

I frowned before turning to look at where he's staring.

I turned to see everyone standing frozen where they were, staring at Alex in shock.

Alex stood there with a gun in his limp hand, looking down at his own bullet-pierced chest.

I swallowed a gasp when my eyes shifted to the only other person with a gun in his hand, standing behind Alex.

Jack...

He stood there with a gun in his shaky hand.

I sensed movement, and saw Diana slowly walk towards Alex. Just as Alex was about to fall on the floor, she caught him and slowly laid him on the floor.

I glanced at Ryder who was safe, before I walked closer to Diana myself.

I eyed Jack who got the hint and dropped the gun, leaning on the wall behind him, breathing heavily.

"T-traitor." Alex croaked, looking at Jack, who simply looked away.

To my surprise, I saw his eyes brimmed with tears of his own. "I was basically a hostage." Jack scoffed, making me frown.