- 8: Prank war, initiated -

*hands over an Oreo*

Enjoy guys :)

Ryder's P.O.V.

"Who said anything about us being friends?"

I never in my life thought that one sentence could be so relieving yet so fucking annoying at the same time.

I was relieved to have finally escaped the friend zone but I couldn't help but think, at what cost. What even are we anymore.

"Who said anything about us being friends?"

What does it even mean? This question has been nagging me all night.

I had planned to bring it up with Miles but a certain douche thought, it would be a good idea to hit on my girl. If I wasn't so angry, wanting to bash his head in a locker, I would've gaped at his audacity. He was one of the people who bullied her and now... Oh god these people make me want to murder them.

"Hey guys." A smooth voice pulled me out of my thoughts making me look up with a small smile.

There stood Miles with a tray in her hands as she stared at everyone at the table cautiously.

'She's so beautiful.'

Shut up.

"EMILY." Dylan yelled, making her flinch and look at him wide eyed. Her surprise only heightened when Dylan got off his seat and rushed to her to envelope her in a hug.

I could only clench my fist, as that is all I've been wanting to do from the moment I laid my eyes on her.

'Just that?'

Okay maybe not just that...

I groan, as my conscience played with the last bit of patience I had left.

That's the least that I've wanted to do to her but well, the situation hasn't been in my favor and she hasn't given me the vibe that she likes my presence very much.

'Oh well, I don't blame her for that.'

I sighed as I saw Em's eyes widen at Dylan's act of affection, but she hugged him back nonetheless.

When the others at the table started to grumble about him hogging Emily, he pulled back and the girls threw themselves at Emily one by one, greeting Lexi in a less creepy way. Once they were done, Dylan pulled her to the seat next to him which was also conveniently next to me.

Dylan threw a sneaky wink at me before taking his seat. I noticed Alexis being pulled down by Mia, to a seat next to her.

"Davis didn't bother you again, did he?" I asked in a hushed tone, turning Em's attention to me. She turned to look at me with a surprised smile on her face.