- 19: What a wuss -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Emily's P.O.V.

"NO!" Blondie yelled, moving to grab Brody's shoulder again but it was a little too late.

Brody was lying on the sidewalk, holding his family jewels.

The second guy who, I noticed had a tattoo on his throat, advanced towards me and swung his fist, while I ducked and punched him in the stomach.

The weakness was taking over my body and affecting my speed.

The tattoo guy, grabbed my hand, and twisted it to a painful angle but I turned just in time to avoid any sprain or fracture and picked his weight up on my back and slammed him on the floor.

I got on top of him, punching his face left and right, which was now uncovered as his hat toppled off.

I got chills as I felt movement behind me and I raised to my feel, turning to the sound when I felt a whoosh of air right in front of my face, making my eyes widen in shock.

The couch guy, now recovered from my blow was now standing on his feet with a shiny object in hand, making me gulp.

A knife.

"Brody, boss ordered us to bring her unharmed. What are you doing?" Blondie hissed at him.

"I'm pretty sure he'll understand if we told him that she resisted." Brody said in a menacing tone.

His eyes were wide and full of rage as his chest heaved up and down, making his nose flare.

Wow. He does know how to hold a grudge.

I didn't look away from the weapon in his hand as I calculated my chances of getting out of this unharmed but I was reminded of the bruise of my injured rib, almost making me groan.

He still had a sloppy posture as I scanned his body to know where to attack.

I, usually, don't attack first but the odds are in his favour because of the sharp advantage in his hand.

What a wuss.

I saw all of his sides open and moved, raising my leg to kick the knife out of his hand but he moved his hand away quickly, grabbing my ankle, and threw me to the side.

I was about to get up when I felt someone grab my ankles and looked down to see the tattoo guy, still laying on the ground and holding my ankles in a death grip as well.

Fuck.

Out of nowhere, I felt my face jerk to a side due to an external force, being the couch guy's fist.

My reflexes kicked in at that moment, making me twist in a 360 and snatch my foot out of tattoo douche's grip, kicking him in the face, in process.