- 22: You have issues -

*Hands over two Oreos*

Emily's P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since the... uh stabby incident.

And Alec has particularly been on my case about my whereabouts so that I don't wander around the underground arena, till I'm completely recovered.

Ryder and I, well, we've gone back to normal, as normal as it can be. We've been spending time with each other and the whole group, and he's been, not so subtly, acting extra protective.

Everytime we meet, he quickly scans me from head to toe to make sure I have no new injuries and I have to reassure him that I'm fine and he doesn't have to worry.

Neither of us has brought up the events of Wednesday, which I'm glad about, as that could make things awkward between us and I definitely don't want that to happen right after I got my best friend back.

The prank war has been going on in full swing which included him, exchanging all the sugar in my kitchen with salt, then me, locking him up in a bathroom at school and let's just say, it was fun watching him have to explain to the principal why he had to take down the bathroom door.

"Ow ow OW." Lexi groaned once again, landing on the ground in a heap.

"Sshh keep it down." I whisper yelled, before grabbing onto the branch of the tree right out of my room's window.

I landed very gracefully on the ground, making Lexi look at me with a deadpanned look.

"Remind me, why did I agree to this, again?" She asked, grabbing her bag.

"You didn't." I said with a smile. "I forced you."

"Congratulations! You've unlocked a new level of bitchiness." She cheered with fake enthusiasm.

"You love me." I chuckled, swinging my arm around her shoulder before we move towards her car in the middle of the night.

Okay so maybe I haven't been completely truthful and maybe I've been going behind everyone's back to go to the arena, at night after everyone goes to sleep.

After that e-mail from King, I realised that it's better if I make my intention known and that can't happen if I stay home, according to Alec's wish.

In fact, that would be completely opposite to being safe, if I don't go out, where I can be seen, they'll come after me and gangs can stoop pretty low, when they want something. I don't want to drag the people I care about, in danger.

It's the fourth day that we're sneaking out of the house, like this and it has been pretty convenient, now that I got our fights scheduled for slots after 10 at night.

Due to my injury, I haven't faught for the last three days, but Lex has and she has kicked some serious ass.

Now that the wound is pretty much healed up, I had Ron schedule a fight for me today which has finally had the blood pump in the right direction in my body.