- 18: I died, apparently -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Enjoy reading :)

Emily's P.O.V.

Death.

That's exactly what I felt like when I woke up the next morning.

I had a searing headache, I was sweating, I was cold and I had thrown up almost two times, that I remember of.

I'm pretty sure this is what death feels like.

I groaned as the alarm went off again, not helping my headache.

"Em!" I heard mom's voice from downstairs. "Em you're gonna be late for school honey!"

I felt bile rise up in my throat again making me turn to the side. I let out a sigh of relief once it had settled.

"Emily get you butt up, or I'm leaving without you." Alec's voice echoed through the hallway, making me put one of the pillows over my ears to block out the unnecessary roaring.

I was sweating like a pig but feeling cold at the same time, making me want to peel my skin off.

After a while, my bedroom door burst open, and the covers were ripped off of my body the next second.

"EMILY WATERS, HAVE YOU FINALLY TURNED DEAF!" Alec yelled, making me groan in response.

I wanted to move. To at least give him the finger, but my body wouldn't co-operate.

"I SAID GET UP OR I'LL LEA-" He grabbed by shoulder quite roughly, turning me to lie on my back before he grabbed my arms to shake me but stopped before he could.

I groaned again as he let go of me, making me curl up in a ball again.

"What the heck Em," he said as he sat by me and placed his hand to my forehead. "you're burning up."

Again, I groaned in response, not opening my eyes.

Just leave me here to die, please, thank you.

I wanted to speak but just the thought was exhausting.

He frowned as he felt around the bed with his hand, and then put his hand into the covers to find a melted bag of ice and the bruise that was left uncovered as my shirt rid up.

'It's no big deal, I'm fine. It's just a fever.' is what I wanted to say, but that message wasn't very well transmitted by my half dead brain and came out as a groan.

"Okay so first you get hurt, and then you leave the ice bag on your body all night? Have you forgotten how easy it is to fall sick when you're hurt?" He said sternly, removing the ice bag and helping me shift position so I'm not laying on the wet patch of the bedsheet anymore.

"I'm fine." I managed to mutter, opening my eyes enough to see his concerned face, leaving out the part about Ryder being the one who brought me the ice bag.