Chapter 10: Dare

After we made it through everyone at least once, Maka asked all of us, "do we want to keep playing?" They sort of all looked at me because I was the guest and all, so I said, "sure." Only, I wish I hadn't.

"(y/n)," It's Liz's turn. "Truth or dare?"

I'm not ready for any more truths. Plus I feel bad that I avoided the last one.

"Dare,"

"Okay, I dare you...to go to your dorm and find whatever drawing you and Maka were talking about."

I try to make up an excuse for why I can't, "Well, it was just a scrap piece of paper, I don't have it anymore, I threw it out when I left,"

Of course Maka had to ruin it for me.

"It was in a brand new notebook, did you really throw it out?" I glare at her, but that just told everyone else I had lied.

Liz adds on, "You left with us, and I don't remember you throwing anything out,"

"Yeah!" Patty joins in.

I stand up and push my phone into my pocket. Maybe I'll just draw something stupid on a paper and make them mad or something.

"I'll go with (y/n) and make sure they grab the right thing," Maka! I think I hate this girl again.

She follows me as I leave her dorm and head to mine.

"Sorry if I'm intruding by coming into your dorm and stuff. It's just...a dare is a dare." I roll my eyes and unlock the door, holding it open for her.

"My backpack is in my room," I walk in and crouch down on the floor by it.

"I thought you said you'd come over when you finished unpacking. This doesn't look unpacked."  Can this girl mind her business? She said she didn't want to intrude.

"I just left some stuff because it was already organized. I'll put it away after I wear it and wash it." I give her a sloppy plan I thought of just now. Even though my main plan is to leave.

"Y'know, if it's actually Kid that you like, he'd prefer you have it all put away instead of leaving it out,"

I ignore her. I pull the notebook out of my bag and rip out the sheet of my 4 Death the Kid drawings. I shove it in her hand it to her and walk to my door.

"These are actually kinda good. I didn't get to see them when you were drawing them because you covered them, but these are nice," I feel like Maka's just trying to be nice at this point. Sure, they're okay, but they're just school doodles.

I avoid responding. I walk to the hallway outside of my dorm and wait for her to leave. When she comes out, I close the door behind her and lock it. I keep eyeing her, nervous about what she's thinking.

She walks ahead of me in the hall and opens her door to the dorm.

"We're baaaack!" Maka sings.

"Did (y/n) follow through?" Soul asks.

"Yep," Maka responds. She walks over the the group with the paper still folded and pressed against her chest. As she goes to sit down, she looks at me, still standing in the doorway.

"(y/n), are you coming?"

I don't want to. I feel like I'm gonna cry. It's embarrassing. I don't like him that way, I'm new. And I'm not even gonna live here for longer than a week, so why do I care if they think I have a crush on some boy? Why am I so nervous about it?

"(y/n)?"

I just want to leave. I want to go to my room and sleep. I don't care if they see it, I just don't want to know what they think. It's stressing me out. A lot.

All of a sudden, the daggers are back. I get dizzy. My hands are blurry and shaking before the world goes black.

"(Y/N)!"