Chapter 13: Awake (Kid's POV)

It's been 6 days since (Y/n) passed out. It's Monday and I get to school early, as I have been since the incident. I pass Maka in the hall and give her a wave. I'm shocked that we're still keeping (Y/n) in here instead of a hospital, considering Stein's reputation with experimentation. I knock on the door of the Nurse's Office, and to my surprise, I get a response.

"Come in?" I hear.

I open the door quickly, excited by the voice I heard. My eyes widen as I see (Y/n) propping themself up in bed. I was ready with a superfluous amount of questions, but somehow they all got away from me. They begin interrogating me before I remember anything I wanted to say.

"What happened?" Their eyes look up at me.

"We don't know, really. You were hanging out with Liz and Patty at Maka and Soul's dorm and collapsed out of nowhere,"

"How long was I passed out?" They quickly continued.

"A few days," I pretend that I haven't been counting, but I know the exact time (130 hours as of eight minutes ago).

"Days?!" They seem quite shocked. For someone to be passed out for so long, you would think it's a normal occurrence for them. Have they never fainted before?

"Well what day is it?" (Y/n) pries.

"Monday. The 12th," I continue, "You passed out on the 6th,"

(Y/n) has such a shocked look on their face that I don't know how to feel. I want to hug them, ask them about what happened, but it just doesn't feel right. Luckily, I'm not left to think for too long. Dr. Stein walks in as seems just as shocked as I was.

"Oh good, you're up, I was planning on dissecting you for the class if you were still out after a week," He jokes. I think it was a joke.

He works over at his own table, collecting papers into folders and moving things back into drawers. I walk over to (Y/n) and sit on the chair next to the bed.

"I'm not sure how you're feeling, but I can still help you around school if you're planning on heading back today," Liz and Patty have been explaining the way I act around (Y/n) to me, and now I'm nervous if they don't just perceive it as kindness. It it that obvious?

"But I probably missed so much-" They start.

"You already had no clue what was going on anyway," I cut them off, "Why don't you start coming over to my place and I can help explain some things to you."

Was I inviting them over because I genuinely wanted to help. We're Liz and Patty right that I like them? I can't tell what's kindness and what's attraction at this point. It's been so long that the feeling seems so vague to me. But just at that moment I felt it again, the warmth moving from my hand to my chest. As I look down, I see that (Y/n) had placed their hand on mine.

"Thanks,"