Chapter 26: We Didn't!

I wake up to find Kid still in my arms. My alarm hasn't gone off yet, and when I look at my clock across the room, I realize I still have 10 minutes before it goes off. I play with the stripes in his hair, and admire his smiling face on my chest.

I slept with my phone in my pocket all night, so I pull it out and take a picture of him sleeping comfortably against me. After taking that one, I ruffle up his hair and take another.

I hear his phone get three notifications from the kitchen. Who's texting him this early in the morning?

Liz and Patty! They're probably scared! They don't know where he is and neither of us told them he wasn't coming home. Oh god. My panicking chest wakes Kid, and he looks up at me. He stares me down with his eyes squinted. Once he finally wakes up and opens his eyes all the way, he realizes where he is. He looks at my chest and then back to my face. I watch as his face brightens and fills up with redness.

"W-was I here the whole night?" He stutters and his eyes glance around the room, trying not to look at me.

"Yeah," I tell him simply. He hoists himself up and sits on the bed, straddling me. He looks down to realize he's still in my 'booty shorts'.

"What time is it?" He seems panicked.

"Almost 6:30, why?"

"That's not enough time for me to get home and get clothes," He scratches his head.

"If those clothes fit you, I'll have something else in my closet for you to wear too." His face turns red once again. He swallows and stands up.

"Come pick something out," I lead him to my closet and open the doors.

"Why is everything still in bins? That's awfully unorganized of you," Maka was right that he'd hate it.

"I kinda passed out for a week, didn't have the time to put it all away, y'know?" I say sarcastically.

"I thought you unpacked the first day, though? Before you went over to Maka and Soul's apartment," He remembers that?

I sigh and give up on avoiding the truth. While I open up a bin to grab pants from it, I tell him.

"I normally get kicked out of schools within a week. I left it so it's be easy to take home," I pull out a pair of black dress pants with a white grid design on them that I think will match his style well enough.

"Why would the DWMA kick you out, though?"

"I literally have knives that show up at random that I can't control,"

"Crona can't control Ragnarok, how different is it?" I guess I hadn't even thought it over since I learned more about the school. I somehow completely forgot that half the kids here change into weapons.

"Sorry, I guess it was stupid of me to think like that," I say as I search the bin for a top for him to wear.

"You didn't know any better," He tells me as he begins searching through my closet himself. "I'd be sad if you left, so don't get kicked out, alright?"

I smile and nod at him.

As I continue my search through bins, I find something and start laughing.

"You should wear this," I hold up a sheer black button-up shirt.

"Absolutely not," He stuff his face deep into the closet and mumbles, "I'd love to see you in it though." I don't tell him that I heard what he said, but I think my face will. He pulls out a white button shirt similar to his own and holds it up for me, "Is it alright to wear this?"