Chapter 37: Afternoon

When we get back inside, Kid sits down on a bench and looks through the photos I took.

"Couldn't keep yourself from taking a selfie, huh?"

"When do I not?" He laughs at my joke.

"I want to change before people start to get here, is that alright?"

"Yeah," I slide off my shoes, "Oh, can I give you your gift once you're changed?"

"Gift? (Y/N), I told you that you didn't need to get-"

"I wanted to, that's all," I follow him up the stairs and go to my room to get the gift I'd hidden. With the gift in my hands, I grab my new bracelets on the dresser and put them on. I go to the hallway and knock on his door, "Meet me downstairs, 'kay?"

"Got it!" The boy calls from a distance.

I head downstairs and check that it's still wrapped and symmetrical. The striped paper is perfectly horizontal around the box.

"You're in the room I think you're in, right?" I hear Kid coming down the hallway. He pokes his head into the room and walks in.

He looks...hot.

(A/N: Outfit is pictured above as well as the cover of the fic)

His shirt is cropped and his pants hang on his hips by a thick belt. Both items are tightly fitted against his body. His hands are in fingerless gloves.

"I'm liking this outfit," I tell him. I could compliment it so much more than that, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

"Thank you," He sits down next to me on the couch. I hand him the present and he analyzes the wrapping.

"This is really well done! How long did this take?" He spins it around.

"About an hour,"

"You spent an hour wrapping a gift for me?"

"Well, yeah, I didn't want it to hurt your head. Plus I thought the stripes would be funny,"

"They're definitely funny," He pretends to be mad and I shove him playfully.

"Open it! I know there isn't anything you really want,  but I tried,"

He pulls the paper off and there's a black box. He flips it open and there are two sliver bracelets inside. I watch him as he looks up at me and makes the connection.

"Are these the same?" He holds one up to the bracelets on my arms.

"I bought them all at the same time," I spin it around my wrist, "I wanted to get us each one, but I realized you wear two rings to be symmetrical so I had to get us each two,"

He puts one on and holds out his other wrist to me, "Could you put the second one on for me? It'll feel more sentimental that way," I smile and pull it out of the box. I pull it onto his wrist and hold his hand. He grabs my other.

"I love them," He looks into my eyes and I fall victim to the honey essence of them, "Thank you, (Y/N),"

"Your eyes are gorgeous," Shit, I said that out loud.

"Oh, um, thank you," He lets go of my hands and places a palm on his face to cover the blush. I cover my face too, I'm so embarrassed that I did that.

"Uh, I bought some stuff so I could cook something you like for lunch,"

"When did I tell you what my favorite food was?"

(A/N: Please enjoy me avoiding picking a food and leaving it up to you :p )

"The day you got really hungry during our study session and said, 'I could really go for some-'"