Chapter 22: Skating Without the Board

(A/n: I've never been rollerskating lol)

Once the group finally reaches us, Liz pulls Kid over and starts giggling with him. Patty does the same. I follow the group silently now that Kid isn't with me. Liz shows him something on Patty's phone, and he jumps for it, yelling at her. Too bad for him, though, she's too tall, his arm can't reach that high. I chuckle a little bit at the situation, and Maka pulls me over to where she was standing on the sidewalk with Soul.

"How'd it go up there?" Soul asks once he sees me.

"He just brought me to to the dorms, that's all..." I tell him, scratching my neck.

"What? That's all you're gonna give us?" Soul sounds disappointed.

"Give is the details! You had your arms wrapped around that man pretty tight," Maka jokes and I shove her into Soul. He catches her (even though she didn't really fall). They both blush and I think I just found my way of changing the topic.

"Give me the details, Maka. He had his arms wrapped around you pretty tight just now," I mock her and she whacks me on the head. Both Soul and I laugh our asses off about her still blushing.

"Wait til we show (Y/n) the pic Patty got," Soul says to Maka.

"Show me what?"

The two of them both glance at each other and then look back at me.

"Nothing," the two say in unison.

"I let you show everyone that drawing, I better be allowed to see what you're talking about," I stare down Maka aggressively. Her and Soul look at each other and come to a decision without even talking. Maka pulls out her phone and shows me the picture that got sent in a group chat with everyone except for Kid and I.

It's a picture of the two of us on our way to the dorm, with me leaning on his shoulder and him blushing red as a tomato. It's a little blurry because of how zoomed in it is, and the fact that we were moving, but it's still really clear what it was. Because of the blur, you can't really tell what face I'm making, but I was definitely smiling in the moment. I turn around to where Liz, Patty, and Kid are standing, he'd given up on the phone by now, and I think I know what was on it.

We arrive at the building and everyone walks in knowing exactly where they're going. I awkwardly follow everyone else while they get set up. Black*Star races Soul to see who can get their skates on and in the rink the fastest. Tsubaki, Maka, and Crona help tie each other's shoes and walk into the rink as a group. Liz, Patty, and Kid all stay with me and help me find what I need.

"What size shoe are you?" Kid asks me, standing in front of the wall of skates. I tell him my size and he brings me a pair and carries one for himself. He hands me mine and I slide them on. Kid puts his on fast, and before I even get the opportunity to, he's on his knees tying my shoes for me.

"Oh, uh, thank you," I would say he's a gentleman but...it was kinda weird. He stands up and steps away for me to stand up.

"You ready?"

"Probably," I tell him.

I stand up only to fall right back down onto the bench. Way to already embarrass myself. Kid laughs a bit, and then comes closer. He grabs my waist and helps stand me up. He leaves his arms there to keep me standing, but, man, I just want to melt in his arms.

"You ready now?" He asks.

"Probably not, but let's pretend I said yes,"

He takes his left arm off of me, but leaves his right one wrapped around me by the hip to keep me on my feet. He shows me how I need to walk on the carpet, and explains what I'll have to do when I get in the rink.