Chapter 31: Shall We Dance?

I'm so lost, but apparently we're here. Everywhere in this city looks the same.

"Come on, it's just through here," Liz takes my hand and leads me through the doorway.

This place is beautiful. I'm taken into a large ballroom filled with chattering people. There's a dance floor, DJ, and tables completely filled with food.

"Wow, that man really is rich," I joke to Liz. She checks her phone and turns me around.

"I've gotta show you something," She stands behind me and pushes me towards the door. I grab both handles and push them outwards. There he is. Death the Kid. Standing right in front of me, holding the other side of the door handles. The lights from the room shine brightly on his face. Black liner surrounds those honey sweet eyes that are even more golden than I've ever seen. His lashes are full and dark. There's not a single blemish on the boy's face.

"Hello," He stutters.

"Hi," I let go of the door and take a step back. He smiles and walks in, holding the door open for Patty as well.

"You look nice," His eyes run up and down, "I'm glad I could help you get something,"

I stare at him even longer.

"You're wearing that shirt..." I step closer to the boy and grab the ruffled fabric on his chest, "The one I pointed out to Patty at the mall," I look over to see Patty and Liz have already walked away to the dessert table.

(A/N: Kid's outfit is pictured at the beginning of the chapter)

"You didn't have to pick the one I liked, y'know," I scratch the back of my neck.

"You said I needed to broaden my wardrobe, and I wanted you to like whatever I wore."

He wants me to like what he wears?

"Check your phone," He steps closer, "Liz and Patty said they'd add you to our group chat so you'd know where everyone was tonight," I pull out my phone and hold it in front of the two of us. There are three new messages from numbers I don't recognize.

Unknown Number
I found a table for us all

Unknown Number
where

Unknown Number
back corner. I'll stand up so you can find me

Kid pulls out his phone to find the same group chat. He scrolls through the texts and looks over to my phone.

"The first person who texted was Maka," He points to the message. I create a new contact for her while he continues to list names.

"Tsubaki was the one who asked 'where'," He checks each of his contacts and helps me fill in mine with the phone numbers of everyone I've become friends with.

"You didn't even have Liz and Patty's number?" I put my phone away and look up. "They never asked for it. Plus I was always with them anyway,"

"We'll it's good that you can contact them now," Kid grabs my wrist, "Lets go meet up with everyone who's here."

For such a thin boy, he really has such a strong grip. The ruffles on his sleeve wave with each step he takes and brushes up against my arm every time. The heels at the back of his shoes make a sound when he takes a step and I listen to every one.

I see Maka wave at us from the table so both of us speed up and run over. Only...it's a little hard to run in these shoes, so Kid slows down and watches me to make sure I don't fall.

"Thanks," I say after noticing his pace changing. We sit down next to each other at the table, and all of our friends are already here.

"Wow, it really looks so good on you!" Maka compliments my outfit.