Chapter 25: Let It All Out

Kid waits for the girls to turn the corner before summoning Beelzebub again. My body tingles at the sight of this thing, just knowing that he'll hold me like that again. He steps on and holds his hand out for me to grab. I pull myself on and he holds me close to him. It feels even better this time. I wrap my arms around him, gripping the fabric keeping me from him. As we take off, a bit of his cologne is blown by the wind. He smells like any other boy, except...more expensive.

"The sky is still symmetrical," I tell him, directly into his ear.

"It really is beautiful," His breath is so warm in the cold of the air. It's gotten darker now, the sun has completely set. I close my eyes and melt into him like I'm sleeping. He wraps his other arm around me and holds me tight. I'm officially addicted.

His hair in the wind brushes against my face and I feel even more relaxed. I trace his spine with my index finger and the sky goes quiet again. The only thing I can hear is his gentle breaths...that...aren't as gentle once I touch his back. I smile audibly and open my eyes. I stare at the clouds and enjoy their balance as we slowly land in front of the dorm building.

As we step off, he holds my hands and I look into his eyes.

"Thanks for taking me home. And for helping me skate. And for the food." He smiles and fixes my hair, "Of course," I climb the stairs and wait at the door while Kid takes another look at the sky. He stands there for a bit, and I walk back down to him.

"This only happens so often," He tells me without breaking his focus. I look around the empty road and sit down right in the center of it. Kid looks at me like I'm crazy, but sits down too. We sit here silently, taking in the view for as long as it stays like this. The moon sits exactly where the sun used to. Perfectly in the center of the sky's artwork.

The clouds have gotten darker, which means they've gotten heavier. They begin to drip lightly on us.

"It's starting to rain, we should go inside," Kid puts his palm on the ground and begins to stand up, but I stop him.

"It's just a little water," I tell him, "'This only happens so often',".

"All right. You've made your point." He adjusts the way he's sitting, and scoots closer to me. As the rain begins to get heavier, I take his hand and intertwine his fingers with mine. His hands are still as cold as they were before. I feel him shuffle around before he leans his head on my shoulder. Blood rushes to my face and paints it red. The rain continues to fall on us, and I give in to my instinct. I lean my head on top of his. Neither of us looks away from the sky, no matter what the other person does. We don't bother trying to talk over the rain, either. It's loud but soothing and gentle. I rub my thumb on his soft hands and finally close my eyes. I'm not sure how long we sit here, but it's definitely a while. We hear thunder in the distance but neither of us moves. I'm comfortable where I am and I don't ever want to leave this feeling. Our breathing syncs up and so doe our heartbeats. Sitting here like this, alone, just staring at the sky, it's like a painting, and Kid and I are in the center of it.

Kid gets a message on his phone and the notification breaks the silence of the moment. Reality hosts us and I lift my head and he lifts his. Our hand come apart and we pretend it didn't happen. Without talking, we both agreed to stand up.

"Let's dry off," I smile and lead him back through the building and up to my dorm. When we walk in, I get a good look at Kid. His hair is completely flat now that it's wet, and his white button down is practically transparent so you can see his collarbones. His clothes cling tightly to his body, and I can see the shape of his every curve. After staring at his chest for longer than I should have, I run to the bathroom to grab a towel. He places his phone on the kitchen island, not bothering to open the message from Liz.