Chapter 18: Lunch

(A/n: Diagram of where you all sat is pictured above)

I follow everyone to the cafeteria, still a little confused as to where everything is in this building. Liz waves for me to come sit next to her. Patty, Soul, Maka, Kid, Tsubaki, Black☆Star, and Crona are all there as well. I'm impressed I learned so many of their names, especially after being out for a week. Patty taps her hand on the bench signing for me to come sit next to her. I smile and slide onto the end. Most of the kids get up and get in like to get food, but Liz and Patty stay.

"You ever gonna show us that drawing, (Y/n)?" Liz jokes.

"Do I even have to?" I roll my eyes, "You pretty much saw it already," I hide the redness of my face in my hands.

The girls giggle at me, "Yeah, but you just confirmed our suspicions," Liz starts.

"Yeah, now we know the first one was about him too," Patty laughs.

"Oh great," I say and turn to them.

"It's fine that you like him, y'know," Liz tells me.

"I don't like him!" I yell at her.

"You totally do and you know it!" She says and playfully shoves me. I sigh it off and turn my head away from the girls, only to be completely sucked back into the topic. The striped boy is standing right there, walking towards the table with a tray in hand.

"Speak of the devil," I cross my legs and turn towards the table.

He places his tray down and slings his bag onto the ground next to him. He sits down right in front of me and smiles. I hate this boy.

"I grabbed a couple extra things because you just have to be hungry after being asleep for a week," He separates the food on his tray and places my items closer to me and leaves his on the side of the tray by him. "I wasn't sure what you'd like, of course, so I tried to grab a variety of things." Kid had grabbed an apple, a bag of chips, two different sandwiches, and a bottle of water for me. He left the third sandwich for himself.

He stares for a moment before panicking, "I'm sorry, I didn't even take into consideration that you might have dietary restrictions, what if you're vegan and I didn't even know?" He stands up, "I can go back in line and get you something if I have to-"

"Kid, it's alright. Thank you." I nod my head at him and take what I think I'll eat. I have a surprisingly small appetite right now for not eating in a week.

Liz whispers mockingly in my ear, "'I dOn'T liKe hiM,"

"Shut up," I shove her lightly.

"As if you weren't hella blushing just now," I slap my hands to my face to see how warm it was. I really was blushing...

At this point, everyone else has sat down and started their own conversations. Most of them being about going rollerskating together tomorrow. I let my face cool down while the cafeteria grows louder.

Why was I even blushing? He's not even that cute, and it's not like I know how well.

A stray hair of his gently falls into place with a slight movement of his. As he turns his head, the lights in the ceiling reflect on his golden yellow eyes as they shift and look at me.

Okay. Maybe he's attractive.