Chapter 29: Sure

"I had a really weird dream last night. It was kind of similar to the one I had a couple days ago when I first got here," I wouldn't have been able to make it back down to the kitchen in the morning if Kid hadn't waited by my door for me to lead me there.

"What was that first dream about?"

"It was this little kid calling my name, but this time I actually saw a face. The kid had also been calling for their "mommy". I think it was a little girl, but I'm not sure."

"This is a recurring dream?"

"Yeah," I look down at my hands, "I think it might have something to do with the knives."

"You've got three of us to try and help you figure that out," Liz tries to lighten the mood. "Yeah, just remember to tell us about those dreams!" Patty smiles.

"Thanks." We all finish eating and head up to school. Everyone there is talking about the party tomorrow. Considering how many people are talking about what they're wearing, I'm surprised Liz won't let Kid and I share what we picked out with each other. It's not like it's even some special party, it's just some random weekend.

I've become a lot more social, and spend the my time waiting for class to start standing in the front row, talking to my friends. Mainly to Kid, but everyone's there.

Students all over the room talk about the party.

"I bought a new tie to go with my favorite suit."

"I'm super excited, I finally found something that's really gonna fit my style."

"Yeah, she said she'd let me borrow her shoes because they match my dress."

Kid and I look at each other after hearing so many people talking about their clothes. He jokes, "I assume we're still not allowed to talk about it," He looks over to Liz and she silently smiles. We both roll our eyes and laugh.

"I'm gonna head to my desk, Stein just got here," I say to them. My pen makes its way to my page and I begin drawing the outfit I had picked out for the party. Some random details I can't remember aren't there, but I think I got it mostly correct. I zone out as soon as Dr. Stein begins our lecture, and once reality comes back to me, I'm not surprised to see Death the Kid. I've drawn him in the shirt I pointed out at the mall, layered in black ruffles. The gray of the graphite pencil fills in his hair perfectly. I stare at it and my heart beats loudly.

I flip my page and try to pay attention, but nothing he tells the class makes sense. I still barely understand souls. Now that I live with Kid, it'll be easier for me to study with him. Class passes by without anything interesting happening. When I get to the cafeteria, I sit with my normal group, but traded places with Patty so I could sit near Maka and Soul too.

Maka turns to me excitedly and begins to ask a question, but Soul asks first, "So did you bang after shopping?"

"Oh, shut up," Maka whacks him on the head, "Did you find something to wear for the party?"

"Yeah," I turn to Liz, "Can I tell her?"

"Of course, just keep it down,"

"Why are you being so secretive?" Maka's confused, and honestly I am too.

"She doesn't want Kid and I to tell each other what we got, I don't care enough to go against her."

"Didn't you shop together?" Crona steps in.

"Yes...and no...we split up, so not really,"

"Ahhh," They all say in unison. I pull my phone out and find the pictures I had taken in the dressing room.