Chapter 24: Fast Food

(A/n: We are back to your POV)

I shiver as Kid slides my phone back into my pocket. The building in front of me looks like a fast food place. Good thing we went somewhere I could afford.

We all walk in and sit down. We had to push two tables together to fit all of us. We sit similarly to the way we do at the lunch table. A few of us get up and stand in line to get food, but I stay, along with Liz, Crona, and Soul. I check my phone and place it on the table in front of me.

Liz turns to me and asks, "Have you seen the video Patty got?"

"Video? I thought it was a picture?" I ask, confused. She laughs like I'm stupid, and pulls out her phone.

I'm so embarrassed by what I see. It's a ten second video of Kid and I skating around after everyone else left the rink. Y'know? When we held hands and stared at each other! God, why do they have to do this to me?

I put my head down on the table to hide my embarrassment and avoid talking about it.

"Looks like someone's been making moves," She jokes, Soul and Crona chuckle from the other side of the table. They all know about it. Great.

"So we're you the one to do it or did he?" Soul calls from his seat. I leave my head on the table and don't respond.

"Does silence mean it was you?" Crona asks.

"Probably," Liz says. I'm not sure I want to invite her over anymore.

My phone lights up on the table.

Death the Asymmetrical🥵
1 New Message

I push it to the other side of the table, I don't want Liz to be able to bully me over this. I open it and the message reads, "Do you want me to get you anything?" Why does he have to be nice? I look up from the table and turn around in my chair. He's all the way at the back of the line with Patty. I text him back, "i'm good", it felt a little rude so I send another message that says "thanks though". He shows his phone to Patty and she says something to him. I turn back to the table, just to see Liz smiling at me.

"Are we looking at someone?"

"Would 'ya give it a rest already?"

"Damn," Soul reacts.

"Sorry," I tell them. I rest my head in the palm of my hand and look over to them. "I just...I don't know," I look around a bit, waiting to find the right words, "You guys just want me to be so sure about this but...I still don't know..." I look over to him waiting in line again and sigh. I've never known someone long enough to like them. Including Kid. I've always moved away before I was even friends with anyone.

"Oh, (Y/n)," Liz places her hand on my shoulder. "Sorry for teasing you so much," She hesitates, "We want to be there for you, whether you like someone or you're just awful at school,"

"So much for 'not teasing'," Crona hollers to Liz.

"Hey- Well, you're not wrong..." Liz stutters. Maka returns to the table with a tray. She passed out food to Crona and Soul, and Soul hands her a 5 to pay her back.

"So what are we talking about over here?"

Everyone turns to me. I think they don't want to say it? I appreciate that they didn't though.

"Probably what you'd expect," I tell her and turn to my phone.

"Fair enough," Maka says. She starts talking to Soul and Crona, so I'm left alone with Liz. I open the photos on my phone and look through the ones Kid took on our way here. There's three, and they're all selfies of him. His stupid little stripes aren't even straight, his hair got messed up skating and he hadn't fixed it. The first one is just of him, the second one has me in the background, and the last one is a remake of the one I took on his phone. He's making a kissy face at me, only, he doesn't know how to wink. I scroll the photos for a little longer, smiling at how stupid this boy is.