Chapter 33: Death Room

The girls bullied us all day Sunday about it and wouldn't stop talking about during school either.

Kid and Liz are still in the classroom.

"It was late, okay?"

"(Y/n) was wearing your pants!"

"Is it not enough that we were at least wearing pants?"

"You were on top of each other!"

I can't take it anymore. "Liz!" I run over, "Stop," I look over to Kid and he seems a little nervous. He probably thinks I'm gonna out him to them.

"I'm not into that kind of thing," I tell her.

"You're a teenager, getting a little sexy is normal, you don't need to deny-"

"Liz. I'm not into it." I peek over at Kid before adding on, "I'm ace."

(A/N: Whether you're actually ace or just saying it to not out Kid is up to you.)

"What does that mean?"

"Exactly what I said it meant," I take Kid's hand and avoid explaining it or having Liz think I'm weird for it. Especially if her opinions on that are gonna affect Kid.

"Hey, you finally wore something different for once," I laugh when I notice Kid in a white vest over a black button down as we walk through the hall.

"Of course, you told me I didn't own enough and I wanted to prove my closet was more diverse than you thought," He states.

The memory comes back to me:
"When we go shopping for the dance I won't buy anything that isn't symmetrical. Your closet needs more balance."

"Your closet needs more, period."

He listened?

We head to the cafeteria, but instead of sitting with the girls, we sit on the other side with Tsubaki and Black*Star.

"Sorry for making things tense with them, Kid, I just got kinda tired of no one believing me," I look down, "It's totally not like it happens a lot," I sarcastically say, flashing my knives for a short second to get my point across.

"(Y/N), do you want me to teach you about souls and stuff? We're not doing anything tonight, so if you want, I can try and explain some concepts to you," He turns to me in his chair.

"Sure, I've been here for about a week and learned nothing," I joke.

"We can do it in my room, there's some books in there if I'm not good enough at explaining,"

"What are y'all doing in his room?" Soul turns to us from across the table.

"I'm not doing this again," I stand up and leave the table. I'm not exactly sure where to go, but I left.

Kid's POV

"(Y/N)!" I called to them, but they just kept walking.

"Damn, what's up with them today?" Black*Star laughs about (Y/N) and looks around the table to get responses. Most of the people around him look away, but Soul goes along with him, "They're just mad that we all know."

"They're not very good at hiding it," Black*Star keeps talking.

"Maybe they're menstr-"

"Fuck you guys," I'm not hanging out with people who think about (Y/N) like this. I leave my lunch at the table but grab (Y/N)'s bag pretty aggressively. I run to the hallway they left out of and start to search the school for them. I climb down every stairwell, check every room, even the bathrooms, and don't find them until I circle all the way to the nurse's office.