Chapter 28: Mansion

We arrive at the mansion, which strangely looks similar to the school. Skulls similar to the one on Kid's collar decorate the outside symmetrically, and the building is huge.

Kid pushes the large doors open and leads me into the grand building. Just this first room is absolutely huge.

"We'll set up your room first, and then we can give you a tour," He leads us through several different rooms before we climb a large set of stairs. The bins feel so much heavier when you have to climb. We walk down a long hallway with doors placed symmetrically on either side. He places his bin down and opens a door on the left side of the hallway, all the way at the end. He gestures to the room and tells me, "This is where you'll be staying. Unless, of course, you need something else."

I step a couple feet in and place my bin down by the wall. It's huge. I look around and take in the scale of everything. It's practically double the size of my entire dorm.

"Is it alright?" Kid steps closer to me and asks.

"This is...awesome," I walk around and get used to it. I slide open the closet doors and take a peek around. I could fit so much in here. I turn to the queen bed placed nicely in the middle and take a seat on the edge of it. The room isn't very decorated, but there's still so much to it. Everything follows a black/white/grey color scheme. A large vanity sits in the corner of the room and I stare at myself in it from on the bed.

"Well, let's get you unpacked," Liz pops open the lid of her bin. I tell them where I want specific items to go, and they help me put everything away.

"We're gonna go get some food ready, you guys can finish up," Liz and Patty head downstairs, leaving Kid and I to unpack the last bin. We push it over to the closet and stand inside. I pull things out while he hangs them up.

"if you have all these clothes," He takes the shirt from me, "Why have you worn practically the same thing every day you've been here?"

"Damn," I pull another top out of the bin, "Didn't think you'd be one to trash on someone's style," I toss it at him playfully. I stand up, "Plus I was practically dead for half of my time here."

I grab another top and hand it to him to hang up, "Wait, you literally only wear that one suit every day!"

"Well, I...uh,"

"That's what I thought. You better have picked out some better stuff at the mall."

"Liz wouldn't let me tell you while we were out, but I got-" His phone starts ringing. He pulls it out of his pocket, and I continue to hang up clothes.

"It's Liz," He tells me.

"You better not be showing him what you bought at the mall. I said no spoiling surprises," It's like she knew what we were talking about.

"If I live here now, are we not gonna go together?"

"Uh...we'll figure something out," Liz says through the phone. I roll my eyes and grab the last shirt from the bin.

"Bye," Kid says and hangs up. As he looks up and I turn to him, the rich-boy's closet feels like it got a lot smaller. Our chests are stirringly close. The only thing separating us is the thin top in my hands. His bright eyes are just like warm honey when they look right at me like this. The corners of his mouth lift as he blinks. We both breathe each other's air one more time before either of us even moves. Kid takes the shirt from my hand and slowly turns to grab a hanger. I stare silently while the boy hangs it up. He turns around and begins to blush a bit.

"Um...we finished," His eyes look around the closet. It took me a while to figure out why he seemed so uncomfortable, and then I realized I was standing in front of the door to get out.