Chapter 38: Party

(A/N: There will be music mentioned in this chapter, so feel free to listen to them when they come up.)

We open the doors and welcome Crona in.

"You're the first one here, come on in, we'll show you around a bit," I smile at them and lead us down the hall to the ballroom. The first song I played begins to finish up as we walk in. I excitedly show off the effort I put onto the photo station to Crona when I get another text.

"We here", from Soul. Him and Maka can't stay for long because they'll be throwing their own party later, but if they couldn't be bothered to celebrate Kid instead of some stupid costumes, then I'd rather they not stay long at all.

"Soul and Maka are here, I'm gonna go get them," I leave the room while Kid and Crona stay alone.

Kid's alone in a ballroom with one other person.

A room purposely set up to make him happy and comfortable.

I shake off my thoughts. It's not like he should mean anything to me. We're friends.

"Hey, guys! Glad you could make it," I smile at both of them when I open the doors.

"Crona and Kid are in the ballroom," I say as I lead them down the hall.

I give them the same mini tour about the photo station, and also point out where I put some food and drinks on a table. The two of them go to take a picture and I let Crona know about the food as well.

"The party people are here!" Liz shouts as she walks in with Patty. The girls are wearing matching silver dresses and red shoes. They look great.

"I love your outfits," I tell them.

"Oo! Is this for pictures?" Patty runs over to the camera and Liz follows behind her.

"Yeah, it prints over there," I point to the small machine by the wall, "The one on the left is just there to make it symmetrical, it's not on."

"Did you really set up an unnecessary machine to balance it?" Liz turns to me.

"Of course, it's Kid's birthday party, I can't let it be asymmetrical. Who do you think I am?" Kid overhears this and walks over to me, "Thank you, (Y/N). I appreciate the uniformity," While his mouth smiles, the way his eyes thank me is more captivating.

"Come take a picture with us, Kid," Patty runs over to the center and holds out her arms.

"I'll get the button," I tell them.

"Oh, the classic pose?" Liz laughs. She walks over and stands behind Patty with her arms up. Kid sighs sarcastically and steps in front of the two girls, angling his arms downwards.

"Ready?" I ask. The girls both say yes, but Kid turns around to check that they're standing in a good spot.

"Yes," Kid finally answers and I snap the pic.

"You wanna look at it before I print?"

"Yeah!" Patty runs over and the other two walk.

"I want one," Patty smiles when she sees it.

"I want one to hang up," Liz tells me.

"We'll print three, then," Kid types in the number and presses the print button. He walks over to the machine and passes them out once they've all come out of the printer.

While the sisters meet up with the rest of our friends and sit at a table, Kid comes up to me and shows me the picture.

"I don't know how often you've seen us in action, but this is the first time the girls have gotten this pose right," He laughs. Man, I love that laugh. He normally looks away when he laughs. His smile is wide and it's always two "ha"s followed by a small sigh. His eyes are always brightest when he finishes a good laugh. His smile brings joy to my face and I laughs along with him.