Chapter 16

Yue Ya moved quickly away from the bushes before it could even touch her.

"What's wrong with the bushes?" Yue Ya asked after seeing that there was nothing abnormal about the bushes.

"Even though the bushes look normal, looking at them closely they seem to be a bit different from normal one. I think the source of the problem came from the bushes." Shen Yu expressed his thoughts on the case.

"Didn't you say earlier that there are tiny bite marks around the rotten areas, so how can it be the bushes? They can't bite, can they?" Yang Mei asked, irritated.

"Of course, I know that bushes can't bite."

Yong, "So, what you mean is..."

"Yes. The bushes seem to be the root of the problem. It seems like once it touches a person, it will appear as a tiny unnoticeable mark within the area where it touches that person and soon it will be rotten and appear as if you got some weird disease. Later, it would also spread throughout the body as well." Shen Yu explained his thoughts on the case.

After listening to Shen Yu's explanation, Yong can understand Shen Yu's point now. No wonder, earlier when they observe the area everything looks perfectly fine. They have totally missed the tiny detail.

"What a joke..." Yang Mei didn't get to finish what she was about to say when suddenly there was a strong wind blowing toward the group.

The bushes move along with the wind. It was about to touch Yang Mei, but Shen Yu had moved faster and pushed Yang Mei away using a bit of his spiritual energy.

Yang Mei didn't see the incoming attack, thus she was pushed away. Instantly she got angry, "You dare to hit me with spiritual energy!"

Having said that, Yang Mei took out her sword and rushed toward Shen Yu to attack him. She was waiting patiently for a chance to attack this ugly bastard, yet he dared to hit her. She will definitely kill him on the spot for hitting her.

Shen Yu's cultivation was much lower than Yang Mei, therefore he had no way to stop her. However, thanks to the defensive techniques Li Feng taught him, he was able to dodge Yang Mei's every move.

Yang Mei soon became even more angry. All she can think of right now is to finish off this ugly monster. She will let him know that she isn't someone that he can mess up with.

"Stop fighting." Yong order.

Seeing that Yang Mei had no intention of stopping, with no choice, Yong came in between the two to stop the fight.

"Senior brother Yong, can't you see that he attacked me first? You can't be biased just because he lives in Clear peak." Yang Mei spoke angrily.

If Yong did not stop her just now, she would have injured that ugly creature with her spiritual energy since her cultivation level was higher than his.

"I am n..." Yong didn't get to finish his word when the wind suddenly was blowing harder and stronger toward them.

Soon the group heard a loud roar.

Everyone instantly turned toward where the sound was coming from. They were all shocked. The bushes have grown bigger.

"Watch out!" Shen Yu yelled as he dodged the attack from the bushes.

The bushes moved very fast as it attacked the group.

Just now if Yang Mei had not sent her spiritual power to attack Shen Yu, it would not have triggered the bush monster.

The bush monster did not plan to reveal itself to the group, however just now while Yang Mei used spiritual energy to attack Shen Yu it actually hit the bush monster while Shen Yu dodge the attack.

"You go first!" Shen Yu told the middle aged man.

Upon seeing the scene in front of him, the middle aged man was scared to death. He was terrifying as he has never seen anything like that before in his life. Thus, he quickly ran away since he knew that he wouldn't be in any help, but rather he would be a hindrance to the group if he stayed any longer.

Dong was barely able to dodge the attack. Thanks to his master, he now had a bit of spiritual energy within his body.

Yue Ya and Yang Mei dodge the attack successfully.

Yong and Ting moved very fast to protect the outer disciples as they didn't have any spiritual energy.

"You guys go back to the village first." Yong told the outer disciples.

"Yes." The outer disciples spoke in unison knowing that they would be hindering the group if they stayed there any longer, thus they quickly ran away from the scene.

Thankfully, the bush monster was just a level 6 monster. Yong was able to kill it off after fighting it for a couple of rounds.

"What do you think you're doing early?" Yue Ya asked angrily toward Yang Mei.

Earlier while Yong and Ting were busy saving the outer disciples, she saw Yang Mei attack Shen Yu while he was fighting with the bush monster. Yang Mei was using her spiritual energy intentionally trying to hit Shen Yu and push him toward the bush monster. If not for the fact that she saw it and called out to him, Shen Yu would have been hit by Yang Mei's inner power and be sent directly to the bush monster.

"What do you mean?" Yang Mei asked, pretending to be innocent.

"You think I didn't see it. You were trying to attack Xiao Yu."

"I did not." Yang Mei firmly denied.

"Senior brother Yong and senior brother Ting, I did really see Yang Mei was trying to attack Xiao Yu just now."

"Don't accuse me without any evidence. Just now I was just attacking the monster."

Yong and Ting did not see what really happened earlier since they were busy trying to get the outer disciples away first.

"Don't argue anymore. I'm okay. Since the root of the problem has already been dealt with, let's go back to the village first. We still have to find a cure to help those that have been infected by it." Shen Yu said to break the tension between the group.

He can tell that Yang Mei didn't like him, but since they are on a mission together he didn't want any disputes to occur within the team.

"Alright, let's go back first." Yong said.

The group went back to Green village together.

Yang Mei had a gloomy look on her face. She almost did it if not for Yue Ya interrupting.

Humph! You are just lucky this time. Next time, you won't be this lucky ugly creature.

---------------------

The author has something to say:

Li Feng: Creature! You're the ugly creature!!!

Yang Mei: "......"