Chapter 23

Despite the low voice Li Feng used to speak, Shen Yu can still hear him. He really has no idea what Li Feng means as he asked, "Senior brother Li, what do you mean by top?"

Can it be that his senior brother Li is referring to jumping, running, or riding?

Cough..cough

Li Feng coughs awkwardly.

Looking at Shen Yu's innocent face Li Feng can guess that his dummy junior brother probably has no idea what's inside those books that he had given him.

He really wanted to punish his dummy junior brother for giving him those kinds of books as a gift, however upon seeing the innocent look on the latter's face, Li Feng didn't have the heart to punish him.

Sigh...maybe those books aren't that bad, right?

"Nothing."

"Oh." Since Li Feng didn't want to tell him what he meant by top, Shen Yu stopped asking him about the matter.

No matter what Li Feng means by top, Shen Yu believes that he can definitely top in any situation.

"Ah..I forgot to ask, did senior brother Li like the gift that I got you?"

"No." Li Feng was very direct.

Because of those three books, he felt like his pure view had got polluted.

Despite his inner thought, Li Feng honestly thought those three books were quite interesting.

What? Isn't senior brother Li a reading freak? How could he not like those books? I even picked the topic that was his favorite, where the hell did It go wrong?

Shen Yu was really confused and did not understand why Li Feng didn't like those three books. He asked,"Why? I thought you like cultivation books?"

Shen Yu was way too innocent for the world.

Indeed, his dummy junior brother really has no idea what's inside those books.

"No reason. Just don't like it."

Shen Yu felt a bit disappointed. Originally, he thought Li Feng would thank him for giving him those amazing cultivation books, yet he didn't even thank him and straightforwardly say that he didn't like it.

It was very mean! Can't he just pretend to at least be happy and like the gift?

Shen Yu's mood had totally sunk down which made him no longer had the energy to chat with Li Feng anymore. After he bid goodbye to Li Feng, he went back to his room.

Li Feng can see the change on Shen Yu's face, yet he didn't say anything to comfort him.

There is no way that Li Feng would admit he likes those kinds of books.

Yang Mei on the other side went to see her aunt. She asks her aunt for permission to return to the Fire sect to visit her parents for a few days using the excuse that she misses and wants to see them.

Of course her aunt gave her the permission to go back.

Yang Mei's hatred for Shen Yu has grown very deep to the core. Her purpose for returning to her sect this time is to come up with a plan to deal with Shen Yu.

She hated that ugly creature so much!

The next day, as usual Shen Yu woke up early to cook breakfast for him and Li Feng.

Shen Yu was thinking about bringing some food to their master, however he was worried that his master might not be used to it.

Besides, Li Feng had already told him not to cook for other people again with the exception of Li Feng.

The two ate together as always. However, today Shen Yu seemed to be much quieter and less energetic compared to the past days.

Li Feng was a bit worried upon seeing the sudden change in his dummy junior brother so he asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

After they finished eating, Li Feng taught Shen Yu some new sword techniques.

After they finished with their practice, Li Feng told Shen Yu to go to their master's place to let him check on his spiritual energy.

Elder Zi checks on Shen Yu's inner energy, but couldn't find anything wrong. Everything was stable and normal, thus he didn't know the exact reason why Shen Yu couldn't break through his cultivation level.

Elder Zi told Shen Yu to go back first and that he would inform him if he figured something out.

Walking back, Shen Yu meets Li Feng on the way. Instead of greeting him as usual, he walked straight into the kitchen to make them dinner.

As usual the sky was very beautiful with stars everywhere shining.

Tonight, Shen Yu makes a lot of dishes. There were a total of 10 different dishes on the table.

Li Feng thought his dummy junior brother was a bit weird today, but still didn't say anything. Since the latter didn't want to tell him, then he'd just wait until the latter was ready to tell him.

While they were eating Shen Yu suddenly asked, "Senior brother Li, do you have any alcohol?"

"No. Why do you want to drink alcohol?"

Li Feng couldn't help, but was worried about Shen Yu. His dummy junior brother has been acting so weird since this morning.

"I...I thought today was very beautiful, so I thought it would be great if we had some alcohol."

Actually, today was Shen Yu's birthday.

In the past, he celebrated his birthday with his family, but for this year it was the first time that he's not celebrating it with them. Shen Yu really misses his family. He can only hope that his family is doing well.

Shen Yu has never tried nor drank any alcohol before, but since today was his birthday he really wanted to try some.

Of course, he still remembers about the curse that if he did not marry and consummate before he turned 18 he would die.

Now that he is already 17 years old, Shen Yu only has one more year left. If by that time he did not consummate with the one that he loves, he would definitely die.

Thinking about the fact that he will die soon, Shen Yu smiles bitterly.

Once the two finished eating all the food, Shen Yu took all the dishes and went inside the kitchen to clean it.

Shen Yu came out once he finished cleaning the dish. He was surprised to see a bottle of alcohol on the table, where they were eating earlier.

—---------------------

The author has something to say:

Happy Birthday to our Shen Yu.