Chapter 21

The next morning, all of the inner disciples got up early. They split up and went on their own way around the town to explore if any commoners needed any help. They would help them free of charge.

The purpose of the trip is to give the inner disciples an opportunity to help those commoners as well as learning something new.

Dong came from a commoner family, thus this trip to him was very easy. He can communicate easily with the elders and help them out with chores.

Unlike Dong, Yue Ya and Yang Mei have a hard time since they have never done any chores in their life. However, unlike Yang Mei, Yue Ya was willing to learn and work hard trying her best to help the elders in the town while Yang Mei just stood far away not caring at all.

Honestly, Yang Mai didn't want to come on this trip, however it was a requirement therefore she really can't do anything about it. Originally, she wanted to use her aunt's connection again, but her idea was being rejected by her master who is also considered her uncle since he married her aunt.

With no choice, she reluctantly came with the other inner disciples.

Yang Mei walked around the town being idle without any intention to help the people there. She just really can't, because most people she saw were mostly old people which made her feel very disgusted. She really can't understand how the other disciples were able to help and touch those disgusting beings.

Yuck! Thinking about it really makes Yang Mei want to throw up.

Similar to Yue Ya and Yang Mei, Shen Yu has never done any chores before when he was in the Wind sect as his family really loved and spoiled him a lot.

Luckily, he knows how to cook thanks to his lovely mother.

Shen Yu went to borrow one of the villager's kitchens to cook some food for the people in the town. It didn't have that many people residing there since it was just a small town.

Getting inside the kitchen, Shen Yu took out the fresh meat he had brought it earlier. He washed the meat before chopping them into smaller slices. After that Shen Yu took out the fresh vegetables and started to wash them before chopping them into smaller sizes.

In fear that the food would not be enough for everyone, Shen Yu decided to make only two dishes.

For the first dish, Shen Yu makes frying vegetables with meat. He added a special sauce that his mother made personally to the dish to enhance the flavor.

For the second dish, Shen Yu asked the other inner disciples to help him by going to a nearby lake to catch some fish. The second dish that he was going to make was frying fish with peppers added along with a special sauce that he learned how to make from his mother.

When he finished making the food, the people around him could smell the strong aroma of the food. It smells very nice, making people drool.

The inner disciples came forward to help Shen Yu serve the villagers the food dishes that he made.

"It's delicious." One of the old ladies complimented the food.

"So delicious. Young man, where did you learn how to make it?" An old man asked curiously.

"My mother taught me." Shen Yu responded back.

Actually, there isn't really anything special about the dishes that he makes, but rather it's the sauce that he uses which really helps to enhance the flavor making it taste very delicious.

The inner disciples also ate their shares of the food. They couldn't help, but praise Shen Yu for his cooking skills.

"So delicious. Xiao Yu when you have time, teach me how to cook." Yue Ya said as she continued to eat the food.

The food tasted so good.

If she can cook half as good as Shen Yu, her mother would definitely cry with joy.

"Alright."

Shen Yu was glad that everyone there with the exception of a certain idle person enjoyed the food that he made. He couldn't wait until the trip was over and tell Li Feng that he made food for the villagers and that they like it so much.

Li Feng would definitely praise him. Thinking about it makes Shen Yu feel very happy. He really can't wait to see Li Feng.

On the other side, the grandmaster along with the other elders in the Sky sect have just come back from the pagoda. They barely manage to create a new formation to seal the evil spirit inside.

Yet, they have no idea for how long that formation can keep the evil spirit locked inside.

The formation had caused them a large amount of energy, thus once they finished making the new formation, they all went back to their peak to meditate to help restore the lost energy.

The group of disciples pass their days easily in the town helping the commoners with the exception of a certain idle person. Yet, no one seems to notice Yang Mei's presence nor do they care about whether she helps out or not.

It was as if Yang Mei didn't exist at all.

As usual Shen Yu prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the people in the town.

As for the rest of the disciples with the exception of a certain lazy person, they become his assistance and help run errands for him.

While some of the disciples were helping Shen Yu prepare the food, the other disciples went around to help doing chores for the elders in the town.

While everyone was eating, an old lady suddenly asked Shen Yu, "Shen Yu, do you have a girlfriend?"

Upon hearing the old lady's words, everyone there couldn't help, but listen attentively to the conversation.

Cough..cough...

"I....I am still single." Shen Yu replied shyly. He didn't expect the old lady would ask him this question. It was also in front of everyone.

Ayia...too embarrassing.

"Good. That's good." Some of the elders exclaimed together excitedly.

Good? How the hell is being single good?

Shen Yu couldn't help, but was kind of shocked by the reaction of the elders. He really doesn't understand why they seem to be very happy upon hearing about his relationship status.

"If you don't mind, I have one granddaughter that has just turned 17 years old recently. I think you guys are a good match." The old lady said with a face full of happiness.

She really likes Shen Yu. She thinks that Shen Yu would definitely be able to take care of her granddaughter in the future. She really didn't mind Shen Yu's look as long as he loved and took care of her granddaughter dearly.

Despite the fact that Shen Yu had an unusual appearance, within this whole time everyone in the town can tell that out of all the cultivators here Shen Yu was the nicest and most friendly one.

Besides, he knew how to make good food and was also a sweet talker making all the elders like him a lot.

Li Feng on the other side in Clear peak suddenly has an uneasy feeling rousing up inside for no reason.

----------------------

The author has something to say:

A certain someone needs to step up, or else...Hehehe