1

Hermione Granger

"Hermione! Can I come in?!" I suddenly heard Ginny's voice yell, causing me to jump and spill ink all over desk. "Er- yeah! Just hold on, I'm coming!" I yelled back. I quickly shoved my journal under my mattress and rushed towards the door. "What's up Gin?" I asked as I opened it. Ginny gave me a quick smile. "Ron asked me to come get you. Since he can't get up here." She then said. "What does he need me for now..." I sighed. "This is good! Don't worry." Ginny smiled brightly. "Why am I even more worried?" I asked.

As Ginny led me downstairs I noticed a lot of people were waiting for us to arrive. Lee, dean, Seamus, Parvati, padma, Lavender, all fo the Weasley kids and a lot of other people I didn't immediately recognize. There was a whole crowd. I looked at Ginny in confusion. She chuckled and nodded to the middle of the room. There Ron stood. With his wild hair, his soft eyes and his dopey grin. His cheeks and ears were slightly darker than the rest of his skin. He was blushing. I couldn't help but smile as I walked towards him. All eyes were on the two of us, making me a little uncomfortable. I totally knew what this was about. I'm not stupid, but I decided to play along. "What's up Ron?" I asked casually. Ron's smile widened even more. He looked behind him where Harry stood. Harry nodded enthusiastically.

"Well..." Ron started. He stepped closer to me as I realized he was holding something behind his back. I raised an eyebrow. "I wanted to ask you something." Ron said. "You're not going to propose to me are you?" I asked sarcastically. Ron laughed, some people behind me chuckled too. "I'm not." Ron said. He bit his lip as he slowly revealed what he was holding behind him. It was a spoon. A teaspoon to be exact. I laughed and looked back into Ron's eyes. "My emotions belong to you, Hermione." He said smiling brightly. He took my hands and put the spoon in them. "Would you do me the honor of being my date to the soulmate feast? And not as a last resort this time." I scratched the back of my neck thinking back at my outburst. Ron's smile faded as he awaited my answer. My smile faded too.

"Don't you want to find your soulmate? I don't want you to be stuck with me while you could be having a great time with someone who's perfect for you." I said softly. Ron took my hands again. "I will have a great time with someone who's perfect for me if you go with me, because you are perfect for me." I smiled faintly, but I wasn't convinced. "And what if you touch me and nothing happens?" I asked. Ron took my waist this time. "Then all the soulmate myths are fake. You are my soulmate, Hermione. Nothing can change my mind." He said. I heard a few "awh's" behind me. When I didn't say anything for a few seconds Ron smiled smugly. "You had that prepared didn't you." I asked. "Yes. Yes I did." Ron replied. I grinned and shook my head. Ron sighed. "So?"

"I would love to go with you."