32

Hermione Granger

When I grabbed my wand and turned around, Ginny stood in the door opening. "Where are you going?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and tried to make my way past her, but she grabbed my wrist held me back. I sighed. "I have a lead on where Millicent and Wilson might be, but the Aurors also know. Since we can't trust the Aurors anymore I'm going there myself." I explained. Ginny frowned. "And you're going alone? No way. We're coming with you." She said as she let go of my wrist. I crossed my arms. "No you're definitely not." I said as I finally stepped past her. Ginny followed me. "Fine, I get that you don't want Ron or Harry to come. But what about Parkinson? This is about her friend isn't it?" She asked when I reached the end of the stairs. I stopped walking. "Things with me and Pansy are complicated..." I muttered. I looked around the common room and realized Harry and Ron had left.

"Why? Did she hurt you?" Ginny asked. I hesitated. "No... yes.. I don't know," I muttered. "Where are the idiots?" I then asked as I stepped further into the room. Ginny followed me and I turned to her. "They left after I yelled at them to get Ron some coffee." She explained awkwardly. I raised an eyebrow. "You yelled at them?" I asked. "Did you think I'd be on board of them assaulting you?" Ginny asked, genuinely surprised. There was a silence. "I hadn't thought about it, honestly." I answered. Ginny rolled her eyes and grabbed her wand from the sofa. "I'm coming with you. And you can tell me what happened with Parkinson on the way." She said confidently. I sighed. "I know you long enough to know I can't convince you otherwise." I mumbled as Ginny nodded. I groaned. "Fine. Come on."

***

"So let me get this straight, Parkinson slept with Nott while you were in a fight." Ginny said. I hummed. "then she apologized but you ran off." Ginny continued. "Yep." I said. "And now you don't know why you're sad about it?" Ginny asked. "Indeed." I replied. The two of us were on our way to Hogsmeade to be able to apparate. The sun was setting and the wind was picking up. Ginny groaned in frustration. "You're really dense, and it's cold. I should've brought a sweater." She said. "Wha- I am not dense!" I sputtered. Ginny rolled her eyes. "I know why I'm sad about it. I just don't understand why I can't repress it." I explained. We crossed the bridge where Katie Bell was cursed 2 years ago. "You're not supposed to repress sadness. It'll crop up and you'll explode." Ginny said as she frowned at me. I snorted. "Everyone represses their bad feelings. I've never exploded, have I?"

Ginny stopped walking. I stopped as well and turned around to face her. "What?" I asked. Ginny crossed her arms. "What kinda things have you been repressing?" She asked me. She looked genuinely concerned. "My sexuality, apparently." I joked. Ginny didn't even chuckle. "I'm serious, Hermione." She said. I sighed. "Fine," I said. I shifted my weight from my one leg to the other uncomfortably. "I guess I was fine until I was 15," I started. I did my best do avoid Ginny's gaze. "Then in the vacation after my fourth year some guys attacked me in a parking lot." I said. "They attacked you? Did they beat you up?" Ginny asked. I looked up to her and raised an eyebrow. "I- No, Ginny I got raped." I chuckled. Ginny's eyes widened and she stepped back in shock. Her eyes searched the ground, as if she was trying to find a way to respond. "Merlin.. Hermione I'm so sorry." She eventually muttered. I gave her a faint smile and shrugged.

"Through my 5th and 6th year I struggled with depression, a self-harm addiction and I had panic attacks. Now that I think of it, it was probably PTSD. When I went on the horcrux hunt with Harry and Ron the panic attacks and the self-harm urges went away mostly." I continued, thinking out loud. Ginny stepped forward, but changed her mind and stepped back again. "No one even noticed and I didn't explode, at least not to other people. So your point is incorrect." I finished. Ginny bit her lip. We stood in front of each other awkwardly, shivering in the cold. Ginny frowned. "Can I hug you?" She then asked. "I- um.. sure?" I replied. Ginny stepped up to me and pulled me in for a hug. She was slightly taller than me so I rested my chin on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry I didn't notice." Ginny mumbled softly. She sniffed as she tightened her grip on me. "Don't be. No one did, I'm a great actress." I muttered. Ginny chuckled and sniffed again. Then she ended the hug and took my hand instead. "We should go."

——————

Hey hey!
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long.
I was out camping with my parents.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter featuring Hermione's and Ginny's friendship!
We're getting close to the ending~