46

Pansy Parkinson

She waited patiently for me to start, but i couldn't bring myself to. It felt like Weasley's death was partly my fault. He needed to prove himself because of me. He only was there because Hermione wanted to save my friend. I felt guilty, and i knew Hermione would feel the same way if I told her the truth. It wasn't her fault at all, but she'd never forgive herself.

Weasley and Hermione were saying their goodbyes and I was doing everything I possibly could to keep myself together. I played the part of the stone cold, no bad feelings Ronald Weasley after all. I noticed Wilson grinning slightly. I guess thats when i realized our mistake. Both Hermione and Weasley/me were near him, too close. We practically gave them to him and all he hand to do was take them. He pulled out his wand.. everything went too fast. We made mistakes.

Wilson grabbed them and wanted to apparate, but Ron punched him in the face with his tied hands. Everyone on our side ran towards them. Wilson recovered quickly and used the cruciatus curse on him. Hermione tried attacking him but was hit with the same curse. Ron got up immediately and jumped on top of Wilson, but Hermione didn't. She laid on the floor motionless. That's why I decided to go to her, instead of Ron.. Blaise was the only one who jumped in the fight with Ron. We thought Hermione needed us more.

But Ron died and he wasn't coming back. Not this time. I knew in his final moments he just wanted Hermione to be safe and happy. He might not have been perfect. He might have done some horrible things, but so have I. If I was forgiven, shouldn't he be offered the same? Ron Weasley made some bad decisions based on selfish reasons.

But even after everything that happened, he died a hero.