21

Hermione Granger

"No way!" I said laughing. "I swear! He came out of the bathroom glowing. It was hilarious!" Pansy said shaking with laughter. I smiled. "It's weird how you talk about Malfoy." I suddenly said. Pansy's laughter faded. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Well, you think so differently of him." I said softly, a little scared this would turn into an argument. Pansy smiled faintly. "He's a sweetheart, really. He probably won't bother you anymore too." She said. The thought of the bullying the silver trio used to do to me made my smile fade completely. It wasn't just name calling or shoving me against walls. Sometimes they did things worse. Pansy never really joined in though, she stood beside them. I always wondered why that was. I guess I know now.

Pansy sensed the shift in my mood and probably guessed why. "I'm really sorry about all that..." she muttered. I turned to her. She stared at the ground before her in guilt. The sight of her being so sad made my stomach turn for some reason. I squeezed in her hand to make her look at me. "It's alright." I said. Pansy rolled her eyes and looked away again. "It's not." She said. I sighed and looked away too. "Maybe it's not. But I forgive you." I then said. Pansy seemed to think about my words. Then she let herself fall backwards and looked at the sky. "You deserve a better soulmate. Someone like Weasley. He's always been there for you hasn't he? And he's a guy, that would make things easier too." She muttered. I chuckled and laid down next to her. "It would yeah. But as you know, I like a challenge." I said smiling. Pansy smiled too. She turned her head to me. We stared at each other for a while, I have no idea how much time passed. Pansy's eyes were really pretty...

"Wanna go for a swim?" Pansy suddenly asked, waking me up from my trance. I frowned at her as she sat up. "What?" I asked. "Come on~" Pansy said playfully. I sat up too. "You can't be serious." I said. "No, no I'm Pansy and I want to swim with you." Pansy replied chuckling. She got up. "But we didn't bring-" "we don't need any." Pansy interrupted me. She started unbuttoning her shirt. Suddenly she froze and her smile faded. She stood there, staring in front of her. I frowned and got up. "Pansy?" I asked. Pansy blinked a few times and then looked at me. "Sorry.." she mumbled, smiling an obvious fake smile. I bit my lip and stepped forward. I took Pansy's hands carefully and brought them down. I buttoned up her shirt again and then smiled at her. "Do you want to go back?" I asked. Pansy nodded softly.

We walked back hand in hand. At the horizon I saw Hogwarts between the trees. "I'm sorry I ruined our date." Pansy suddenly said. I immediately stopped walking. "None of that." I said. Pansy frowned at me. "It's not your fault. You're traumatized, Pansy." I said. Pansy sighed. "It's not that serious." She mumbled as she started walking again. I followed her. "Don't downplay this. You have every right to feel sad or uncomfortable." I said. Pansy didn't respond. "Pansy-" "just drop it, alright? I don't want to talk about it." She suddenly interrupted me. She did everything to avoid my gaze. I sighed and looked away. "Okay.. just remember I'm here when you're ready." I mumbled. In the corner of my eye I noticed a human-like figure, hiding behind the trees. "Pansy, wait." I said softly. I took my wand from my pocket and turned to where the figure was. I raised an eyebrow when I realized who it was.

"What are you doing here?!"