Epilogue

Sometimes life is painful.
Sometimes it's beautiful.
I've learned a lot about both of those lately.

I can't put in words how I felt after losing my best friend.
Life has been empty without him.
Ron was more than my friend.
He was my first friend.
He was my first love.
He was the first person to make me feel safe.
The first person who made me laugh.
and cry.
It was stupid.

I miss him.
and I feel guilty for loving Pansy.

It feels like I'm trying to fill this void that's inside of me.
But I can't help it.

She makes me laugh too.
Life is funny like that, isn't it?
I'm the happiest I've ever been, but I've also never been so sad.
We spend every second of our free time together.
The waterfall is still our favourite spot, but we like the library and the astronomy tower too.
she's teaching me the guitar since i practically begged her to.

The colors are permanent now.
Yes, that means what you think it means.
Everything about Pansy feels ridiculously right.
I guess that's love.

God, I wish he were here.
It doesn't matter, he's not coming back.

and neither will I.

This is not a suicide note --
I mean this will be my last entry, diary.
I'm too old for you now, and I think i can deal with my shit without you.
I have Pansy now.

goodbye

''You comin'?''

I smiled faintly and shut the notebook. Then i shoved it under my mattress. I got up from my chair and stepped towards the mirror. I caught myself using the rubber band on my wrist to make a messy bun and laughed at the Y/N moment. I looked at myself and nodded in satisfaction. I'd never been particularly artsy so make-up was definitely not my strongsuit, but what was my strongsuit was the dark blue suit I was wearing. ''Hermione I love you but you seriously need to...'' Pansy trailed off as she walked in the room. She looked at me head to toe. ''..learn some time managment skills.'' She then mumbled. I grinned. ''I look good, don't I?'' I asked. ''Wowza.'' Pansy simply responded.

Her make-up was flawless, as usual. Her lips were a dark shade of red and her eyeliner was gay enough, but not too much. She wore a short dark green dress and black heels. She looked stunning, but when didn't she? I smiled, grabbed my bag from my desk and took her hand. ''Where are we going?'' I asked. Pansy smirked. ''You'll see.'' She whispered. I rolled my eyes at her. ''I swear to merlin if you got a reservation at a fancy restaurant again— we can't afford that.'' I nagged. ''You do know I'm ridiculously rich, right?'' Pansy asked sarcastically pulling me down the stairs.

************

I smiled as I laid my head on her shoulder and she leant her head against mine. We were on a bench next to a canal in France; Pansy was always intruiged by France, laughing at people's pick of outfits. We knew they probably couldn't properly see them. Apparantly it was a thing among fashion designers to intentionally give clothes the worst colors you could imagine, most people would never know. I gazed at Pansy while she rambled about how she'd change a random woman's outfit. She looked so pretty when she was passionate about something. Her eyes literally glistened, but maybe that could've been a boat passing by. All I knew was that I loved this woman.

I sat up. ''Come with me.'' I then whispered, interrupting her. Pansy raised an eyebrow. ''Where to?'' She asked. I smiled. ''College.'' I replied. Pansy's smile faded. ''You know i'm not going to college. Not with my reputation.'' She muttered. I took her hand. ''You dont have to. We both know you're not interested in magical law enforcement anyways.'' I laughed. Pansy frowned at me and I hesitated. ''I know we haven't talked about our future a lot.. but we could both get a job and get an apartment off-campus. I'll go to school and you can persue designing! I don't want to go without you.'' I rambled, looking at the boats passing by.

Pansy took a moment. Then she took my chin, turned my towards her and kissed me passionately. I kissed her back. ''Yes.'' She whispered after pulling back. I opened my eyes. ''Yes?'' I asked. Pansy smiled and nodded. ''I wasn't planning on staying behind anyways.'' She then admitted shrugging. My smiled grew wider.  ''I love you.''

''I grew on you like a fungus."

"Don't ruin the moment, Parkinson."

The end

————————
A/N

Thank you so much for reading this Fanfiction!!
I thoroughly enjoyed writing it and learned a lot.
I hope you liked it!!
Maybe consider reading some of my other story's?? 👀👀
A special thank you to everyone who has commented or voted on this story.
You all have pushed me to keep going and finish something for the first time!!
(Commenting really makes a small writer's day ya'll)
Thank you, really.

Have a nice day <3