Chapter One- The Announcement and Chester the Rabbit

Hi guys,

Thanks for pressing on this little story of mine and giving it a go. Just a friendly reminder that this story is set in medieval times, yet it isn't all that historically accurate due to it begin a fictional piece of work, but it will have some historical accurate ideas involved. Either way if I have messed up some facts or their is some information that I have got wrong, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message or use the comment section, because I do read them all, and I'll fix it up right away. Hope you like it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Simon's POV-

Silence. It left a dull ring echoing deep in my ears, but it was a blissfully relaxing and comforting thing to be embraced by every once in a while...

...especially with my family...

I was sitting back comfortably in the wooden dining chair, my eyes closed as I rested, just waiting. The dining table stretched out in front of me, adorn with elaborate china and silverware. Just like me, they were waiting patiently.

I sat at the head of the table; three seats sat both side of me, and one directly opposite at the other end of the sleek slab of mahogany wood. That chair had been owned by my wives over the years, and now it was left empty, with no plate or silverware occupying it. The thought almost made me sigh.

I will admit, I am a lonely man, but my previous luck with wives and long term relationships prevented me from searching for another bride. I would only be lining myself up for heartache again.

I had given up after my last wife, Anne, had passed; the times have started to take its effect on me. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I'm not getting any younger.

That's why I must make this announcement to the boys.

I wonder how much longer they will b-...

The church's chime of its bell in the main square just outside the palace gates rung loudly, sounding throughout the valley, interrupting my thoughts. The sound of five pairs of heavy footsteps, accompanied by shrills of laughter, echoed through the halls soon after. I sighed, opening my eyes. The time for rest and relaxation was over.

Soon enough the boys bounded down the stairs, laughing, and playfully shoving each other. Their leather shoes slapped harshly against marble tiles, as they clumsily bustled their way into the room. I smiled inwardly, trying not to laugh at the childish banter.

After the play fighting was completed, they took their usual seats, and room fell silent again. The five of them look at me eagerly, so I clapped my hands twice loudly, and kitchen servants, hurried into the room with silver platters of breakfast foods.

It smelt deliciously appetizing, like always, and I took in the wonderful aroma as my platter was placed in front of me.

"Thank you, Joshua." (Fun Fact: Joshua is 1D drummer in real life.) I smiled at the young boy who brought me my food. He smiled back, and bowed, respectfully. "Please pass on a good word to Fredrick in the kitchen. The food is brilliant."

Joshua nodded quickly, before moving around the room straightening and tidying as he went. "You don't have to do that, my boy. You may join us if you like."

Joshua smiles brightly, flashing his teeth. " I will pass on your offer, your Majesty." He politely declines. "It is my day for washing duty, sir."

Simon nods dismissively, and the young man continues cleaning before quickly hurrying out of the room following the other servants. I shook my head appreciatively at the now disappeared presence of the young man.